Italy - Any Fishing?

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
Hi I have a businees trip in September to Italy
I will be based in Brescia which is the location of Lake Garda, Lake Iseo
Is there any fishing around theis area that anyone knows about??????
Cheers

K

Keith Orange

There's plenty of fish in Lake Garda - I saw large chub of three and four pounds swimming in the lake next to the castle at Sirmione, a nice village on the south bank of Lake Garda. Still in Sirmione I watched an angler catching small bleak sized fish from a private jetty at a rate of one a minute - all were put in his fishing box, no doubt for a fish supper later. You also see lots of anglers fishing the river which runs out of the lake at Desenzano.

If I were you I would email the Azienda di Turismo in Brescia and ask for advice. Italian tourist offices are generally reliable, and I've received lots of handy advice from them on my many visits to Italy.

If I can get an email address I'll post it here.

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
Keith many thanks

I need to get an idea of what is available so I can sort tackle out accordingly, dont want to drag everything round the world,,,,,if i dont need it, maybe a pole and some terminal gear, and see how I get on, I hoping I can find a tackle shop for groundabait etc...any ideas about licences????

K

Keith Orange

Foreigners fishing in Italy need a national rod licence costing 20.66 euros, and may also need a permit to fish a water from the riparian owner. See

www.gardaqui.com/enf/sport/Acqua/Pesca/

I mentioned I saw anglers fishing the river which runs out of Lago di Garda at Desenzano. In fact the river is at Peschiera di Garda and it's called the Mincio.

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
Thanks Keith I have emailed the tourism people lets see what I get back.....
It will be starnge having to buy licences again LOL

K

Keith Orange

Northern Italy's a great place for sightseeing. There's a major railway line which runs from Milan thro' Brescia to Venice and Trieste, with fast frequent trains - and train tickets are cheap. Verona, Vicenza are on the line and are well worth visiting.

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
Just as an update have just found out the hotel Ill be staying at is on the bank of Lake Iseo so anyone got anything specific on Iseo??????

Cheers