Old Age Particles

S

Stuart Bullard

Guys...sorry, and girls. I bought a load of mixed seeds 10 days ago and soaked, boiled and flavoured to use for a couple of carp and tench sessions. To cut a long story short, got pissed at BBQ's and never made it! Question, it has been kept in an sealed container in the fridge. Not mouldy, but a bit wiffy, will it be OK to use? I dont want to chuck in anything that can be dangerous. Thanks.

R

Rob Brownfield

It will be perfect!!!! Many a time I have found fermenting particles to outfish fresh ones. Dont use them if they are starting to climb out the bucket on there own though!!

C

Carp Angler

A lot of people use them this way, but it needs an experienced 'nose' to tell when they are ripe.

Being left in the fridge for 10 days means that they won't be over just yet.

S

Stuart Bullard

Cheers guys, I was hoping you might say that, but I just wanted to be sure. I will let you know what happens after tomorrows session (no BBQ's so I will get there this time - plus wife is away for a week so even better!!)

R

Ray Bewick

If they stink bad to you i.e bad to eat they may stink bad to the fish. My experiance is that particles that go to a vinegar smell = un-attractive food, particles that thicken & go like msg enhanced chinese grub = good cor1 gimmee more!

C

Craig w

they should smell sort of 'Sweet' as they have fermented (spelling?) if they smell putrid or off dont risk it. sometimes you get a slight white milky leak off thats good as well!