Dog Biscuit gets a new p.b

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Hi guys,

The same as Eddie C the other day, the missus gives you blank look "well done honey" So I had to tell you all.

After four days of pre-baitng on my local Bristol Avon my fishing began yesterday!

What a day! Thunder, lightening and flash floods!

I was on the bank at 5am, bye 4pm and one bream later the river had risen two foot and was pushing through fast.

Then I got a "proper run" it ripped off towards the far bank, then turned in, it came up! Not a carp! It was a barbel and it was my biggest ever!

After a few heart stopping moments my new p.b barbel was in the net, eleven pounds!!!

I had to tell you all because this is a special fish to me. Barbel are rarer than "rocking horse droppings" on this stretch of the Avon!

A Happy Dog Biscuit:)

R

Rodney Wrestt

Nice one Steve, what did you get it on? hope I get a chance to do that one day. unfortunately they are even more rare in my neck of the woods.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
14m/m marine halibut pellet, dynamite baits.

I've caught bream, chub, tench, carp and now barbel on them, they are great!

M

M?r?

Hey Steve...well done mate.
great when a plan comes together.. nice1.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Glad to hear that Steve, I have started using larger pellets on the river, well, larger for me anyway. I've got some 11mm expanders which I flavour with liquid source, they've caught me some carp from the local canal so far but still to catch with them in the river, news like this gives confidence though.

Congrats again mate.

E

EC

Can't see words today!

Well done Steve, good to see your efforts paid off mate!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
The weird thing is, me and "Bogey" ( my lifetime fishing buddy) have travelled over a thousand miles in search of a double figure barbel and I get one on my doorstep!

Special or what?

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I've just realised it's my second p.b of the season. The first was a tench 5lb 12oz, small by a lot of your standards, but it will get bigger due to FM regular John Cotton. He put me on to Cheddar Res', thanks Jon.

L

Les Clark

Nice one D.B. ,maybe the grass is just as green in the old hometown !

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Your right Les, it was right in front of my face! This season has started well for me though, long may it continue!

Has anyone heard from JC? He told me he's got shingles and I haven't heard from him in a while! Hope he's OK!

Steve