Canon G6 Digital Camera

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
One of the reasons I sold my digital SLR camera was due to the weight of carting it around, particularly when out with the family.

Anyhow, two things have happened; my missus has got her own digital camera now and we take that one. And, Canon now make a small, lightweight digital SLR, the EOS 350D.

So I've decided to sell my Canon G6, which is still under warranty, plus a wide angle lens (which also doubles as an ultra close-up lens) I bought for it, and go back to an SLR.

Anyone interested in buying the G6 and the lens at a very favourable price please email me: <a href=mailto:graham@fishingmagic.com>graham@fishingmagic.com</a>

J

john ledger

I have the Cannon 350d and its not that much lighter than my old Nikon SLR

C

Cakey

Graham have you had a digital slr before ?
if so how did you get on with dust problems on the ccd?

C

Cakey

ooops just seen youve sold one...............any dust problems??

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Cakey, never had any problems with it, why, is it a common fault?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
That for your hair or your camera Wol?

C

Cakey

there used to be but as the tit says they now use a wave filter to get over it but dont know how this works .............

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
That's interesting Cakey, it must be quite common then, but I never had a problem with my previous digi SLR. Or I never noticed!

Matt Brown

Reaction score
I've not noticed a problem with my 300D.

John, how are you getting on with your 350D?

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

What happens to all the dust --does it end up in a big heap inside the camera ?

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

The vibration is unnoticeable to the user and occurs at a rate of 35,000 times per second. This vibration automatically takes place each time the camera is powered up, and can also be manually initiated through the camera?s menu. As these particles descend from the image sensor, they are conveniently caught by an adhesive material where they remain out of harm?s way. In doing so, you can capture vivid, dust-free pictures with every press of the shutter button.

F

Frothey

"caught by an adhesive material"

so they left a bit of sellotape in there then?