Bar-Bull

L

Les Clark

Kevin ,I hope you had your tongue stuck firmly in your cheek ?
Had any hate mail yet ? lol

K

Kevin Perkins

Les

Nothing....yet! Either the barbel anglers agree entirely with what I wrote, and therefore it is pointless to comment, or alternatively, they might feel that it is beyond contempt, and therefore they won't lower themselves by getting involved in a debate.

One good thing that will come of this massive interest in barbel is that someone will realise that there are 30lb+ fish swimming around the rivers of Eastern Europe. They will of course, get 'lost' on their travels and end up in places like the Severn, Dove, Teme, Thames etc.

Given their background, and to make sure you target these particular fish, it will make sense to glug your halibut boilies in vodka or schnapps flavoured fruit drinks, therby reviving the ailing alcopops industry.

Getting my tin hat on now........

Regards

Kevin

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

The trouble is they truly believe that these superior creatures have far more intelligence than us 'mere mortals'----when really all they are,are fish ruled by instincts...........

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You will have heard by now what is happening on the stillwaters ???

The carpble hunters will bring it to the rivers.
Experts every soddin one of em.

W

Wolfman Woody

I heard there was a run on red paint in MK this weekend. All they want now is an address.

How much to keep my mouth shut, Kevin?

K

Kevin Perkins

Jeff

Amanda's number is always on a card in the phone box on Castle Street.......

Still haven't had any negative comments from 'barbel' anglers though....mind you, like I said they are probably waiting for their own forum category before they enter into any discussions

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Nice one Kev, good point about river-locked barbel. But they still get water flowing through their gills, puddles don't tend to have much flow!

Sorry mate I'm not getting drawn into it again! Goodnight ;-)

Steve

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

Your so right about the tackle Kevin. I'll never know how I managed to catch all those barbel from the Royalty back in the sixties using a Mark IV Avon rod, an Ambidex No 7 reel and 7lb monofil. The terminal tackle wasn't much better either, size 4 hook and a one ounce Arseley bomb and as for the bait; how did I ever get them to accept cheese paste, spam and maggots?
I guess I was just lucky or there is the possibility that I knew how to fish for barbel and where to find them.

Jim Gibbinson

Reaction score
Kevin is correct. It seems that it is only necessary to stick a "barbel" designation on a product (anything from a rucksack to a rod), and the price doubles. And forgive my ignorance, but what is the difference between a "floodwater barbel rod" (sic) and a carp rod?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Better still, what's the difference between an 'upstream' barbel rod and an ordinary barbel rod?

My mate and I often have a laugh about this. When either of us has a blank when fishing upstream one will say to the other, "ah, it's because you weren't using your upstream rod."

Or, "This swim can only be fished upstream so I'm off home now as I don't have an upstream rod."

M

M?r?

Hey Kev...good stuff...you got 'em going this time.

:eek:)

(Kevin,thanx again for the images mate...much appreciated.)

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Guys, I think its to do with the flexibility of the tip in that a soft tip can be bent into the weight without dislodging it.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
And how do you tell the chub that your special barbel bait isn't meant for them, at ?1.50 a boilie you would think they would show a little restraint wouldn't you? Especially as it was on a barbel hook attached to barbel line at the end of a barbel rod.

F

Frothey

"Guys, I think its to do with the flexibility of the tip in that a soft tip can be bent into the weight without dislodging it."

haha, suckered by the marketing Nigel!!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

"Guys, I think its to do with the flexibility of the tip in that a soft tip can be bent into the weight without dislodging it."

I don't know how we managed without them for all those years .........

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
I have three rods and two reels, aside from sea fishing and huge specimen carp / catfish hunting I'm pretty sure I have all bases covered. I know the limits of my tackle and balance my approach accordingly.

Too much b...b...b#lls##t spouted in the press about needing this for that and that for this.