good venues in gloucestershire

Nobby Clark 2

Reaction score
i have just started fishing again and in need of some advice of where to go in the gloucestershire area. any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Nobby Clark 2

Reaction score
thanks terry, just had a look on thier website looks good, will try and fish it within the next few weeks.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
If there was one place I wouldn't recommend it would have to be Hillview. Ok if you are a matchman but a definate no no for pleasure fishing.

Chad lake is one of the finest all round fisheries in Glos, mebbe the Midlands, thats 2 or 3 miles from Stow in the Wold.

Leamington lakes just outside Moreton in the Marsh is another I would highly recommend.

Lower Broadheath isn't too bad either, its better known as the 'Jam factory' the original lake isn't easy but there are some nice tench in there.

Heres a few links to peruse here

Nobby Clark 2

Reaction score
cheers graham, i visited lemington a few weeks back and was havin a very quiet day(absolutely nothing) until i hooked an 8lb common so i was happy! will have a look at the other lakes, thanks for the advice

T

Terry Comerford

Try the Canal Pools at Hillview Nobby, they're ideal if your a novice, stuffed full of fish, easily caught close in to the bank.

Give the fishery a ring first though, to make sure it's not fully booked, it's a very popular fishery.
You can put together a good net of fish, on casters and chopped worms or pellet and corn.

Nobby Clark 2

Reaction score
will bear that in mind terry thanks,it does say that the canal is ideal for the pole or is that just a suggestion

T

Terry Comerford

All four canals are about 10 to 12 mtrs wide. Ideal for the pole.

A lot of fish though are caught to the left and right, of your platform, or down the shelf, in front of you, at three mtrs.

Keep feeding non-stop, but tiny amounts, they come to the noise.

Shallow up, if bites stop or slow up, they have probably moved up in the water.