Fishing buddies!!

Andyw

Reaction score
This is gonna sound a bit sad I guess... Kinda like a dating agency ad!!

But is there anyone in or around the Milton Keynes area who would be willing to let me tag along to watch and learn from?

Thanks

T

The Monk

no, not sad at all mate, thats part of what this site is about, meeting people exchanging ideas and learning from each other, sorry I`m not in your area

D

Danny Lancaster

Funny that this thread should come up. I've been asking one or two people if they would be interested in going on a bit of quest to fish as many of the Tarns and Lakes of the Lake District as possible. Was thinking of airing the idea on here.

In all seriousness, I bet theres a lot of people out there would love to hook up with a fishing buddy, but just feel too uncomfortable to ask. For that, I applaud you Andy. Good Luck in your quest.

Andyw

Reaction score
Thanks... But Notice I have no picture... I don't wish to be pilloried!! haha

Either way I'm not proud.. Just a quest to learn the art!! So it kinda has selfish undertones!!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
The same here Andy, if you can get near bristol, I would be more than willing to make a new friend. Now that sounds sad!

I have got some friends, well, one and she does the ironing haha.

seriously, anytime! And that goes for any other lurkers in the Bristol area. Just send an e mail.

W

Wolfman Woody

Andy, there's a few members live in Milton Keynes, not that they're likely to admit to it so readily :)o), but I'm sure when they do come on you'll be able to contact them.

The Hook is one.

malc

Reaction score
What kind of fishing have you done so far then AndyW?

Andyw

Reaction score
Mainly on a little spot of the Grand Union canal about 30 seconds walk from my house... Although I plan (hopefully) to use one of the many lakes and river stretches nearby...

Seems the area is good for angling with lots of opportunities hereabouts....

I'm using a 5M whip and a 12ft carbon float rod... only had small roach, perch and a couple of bream to date

W

Wolfman Woody

"Seems the area is good for angling with lots of opportunities hereabouts...."

That's a vast understatement. It's a veritable wonderland for fishing.

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

Andy, one of the best little rivers I've ever fished is the Ousel that runs right through Milton Keynes and most of it is either free or day ticket. I believe that a few years ago it held the Roach record and I do know that 2 pounders are not uncommon (had a few myself) so it's really worth giving it a try.
If your ever in the North Norfolk area I'd be happy to take you to some good fishing.

Andyw

Reaction score
Pellets worked a treat... Had 3 small bream and 5 roach out...

The bream weren't even a pound.. But great to catch instead of the usual load of stupid tiny perch who I catch on maggot!!

A good day!!

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

The more you fish the more you'll catch. There are some great books on rigs and methods so either browse the bookshops or your local library. Also it's worth investing in a few instructional videos but make sure they're about the type of fishing you want to do.
Good luck for the future and let us know how you you're progressing.

Andyw

Reaction score
haha Has anyone tried fishing with 4 kids in tow?? 2 boys 8 and 2 girls 5....

it's a nightmare!! I needed a days fishing on my own to recover!!!

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Try taking one or two, for not more than an hour (from casting out to starting to pack up) at around sunset; and don't even try to fish yourself! Distractions like paint sets are useful while you're tackling up; ready-made rigs and pre-baiting will also reduce the wait for the first signs of action!

10p for the first
10p for the biggest
10p for the most - help 'em focus!