Inner-London piking

davestocker

Reaction score
At the end of the week I?ll be in London and will spend some time lure fishing for pike in the city. I shall start on the ponds on Hampstead Heath, where I had a PB last Summer, whilst fishing there for the first time in perhaps 30 years. Where else in London might be worth a visit? The Serpentine? Regents Canal basins? Docklands? Has anyone ?guested? on the Welsh Harp (aka Brent reservoir), which the RSPB appears to control (no angling allowed, natch, and I bet its stuffed with fish). All suggestions gratefully received. I?ll even report back if I score.

L

Laurie Harper

Sad to say many of the pike in the Regents seem to have been taken for the pot. I've only had jacks for the last few years. The lower part of the Lea (not the tidal) round Stratford may be worth a go. I've often wondered about Welsh Harp - I drive past it regularly. Last time I went there on the push bike for a look, there were bloody No Fishing signs everywhere. Anyone else know if you can fish it/if it's any good? You could try the pits in the Lea Valley between Tottenham Hale and Walthamstow, too.

Smokedodger

Reaction score
Walthamstow Reservoirs and North Met Pit at Cheshuntare well worth a try.

C

Cakey

I stopped in Cool Oak Lane the other day a thought it looked pikey....................................is there any fishing on there at all ??

davestocker

Reaction score
I used to fish it many, many years ago when you could, but now that the birders have it, it now seems it's verboten. Mind you, a dawn visit.......

D

Deecy

Dave don't overlook the Thames.Shepperton , Sunbury, Teddington.With regards to the water adjacent to Cool Oak Lane pop into Frames of Hendon.Dave Frame will put you in the picture.Fishing is indeed verbotten but moves are afoot.

davestocker

Reaction score
That would be a truly wonderful turn about if a water lost to angling, was won back (even if just a bit)from the bird lobby. I used to fish the tidal Thames as a youngster, but am determind to go fishing on foot or by tube if I get the opportunity over the next few days. And someone has alerted me to an uncaught 30lb plus fish (not through the forum) so I think I've an idea for one particular visit!

Am off after lunch. Thanks everone for your suggestions.

davestocker

Reaction score
and no terrorist bombs are going to deter me from getting on that train to London. But Virgin Rail might feel differently.........

davestocker

Reaction score
Saturday 9th July fished 4 ponds on Hampstead Heath. result 1 Jack of about 3lbs.

Tuesday 12 July fished 4 of Thames Water's Walthamstow reservoirs. Not a single take (saw loads of large carp tho') BUT for the last 15 minutes fished the Coppermill Stream that flows through the complex. Got a pike of about 15lb. It took twice & fell off before I got it 3rd time on a fire tiger shad. Another inner-city PB! That's fishing's magic.