Rain lovely rain

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay
  • Start date
R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

What's the weather like in your area?

I phoned my friend john and in Cambridgeshire it's bucketing it down.

It's raining quite heavily here. Lets have more of this lovely lifegiving stuff.

Bring it on.

T

tom riordan

light showers here in Ockbrook, just on my way out for an evening session on the Trent at walton, seems right chubby tonight overcast and cool,might make em brave enough to snaffle my bait.

L

Laurie Harper

London still dry, apart from odd short (and therefore useless, because they run off instantly) showers and bursts of rain. We need some sustained rain.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Drizzle all day, then it chucked it down heavy! for an hour. Bristol, you should get it tonight Laurie.

J

john conway

Very heavy rain in the Dales and the Ribbles rising fast. I was going to go to night but it's rising too fast for the chub and by the time I got to the river it would be up a metre and may be more if we have any more heavy showers. Great for the Ribble it needs a good flush out.

Smokedodger

Reaction score
Pee'd down yesterday and heavy rain this morning down here on north Devon Cornwall border

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Tipping it down here in Hemel Hempstead.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

What we need now is 8 weeks of soft soaking rain. What we don't want is sunshine.

That dries everything up and gives you skin cancer.

There is nothing worse than that lousy heat bearing down on you all day. The fish don't like it either.

L

Les Clark

Light rain for the last couple of hours ,going for a 48hour stint for carp tomorrow so I hope its raining for the rest of the week.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Just talking to Jim Hinchley who is on the Ribble. He said it was about 2 inch up with a bit of colour.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Eh up Les.
I think all this rain is putting them there fires out.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
The Don is only up a little but has a bit more colour in it. I supsect more water will filter in tomorrow.

Lots of midweek rain would be great for the trent at the weekend.

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Hi Les, do I presume you've now finished your employment, if so, let me wish you all the best for the future.

And it's throwing it down in East Yorks, saves me a fortune not having to water all the nursery stock, and the Big Fella upstairs makes a better job of it.

L

Les Clark

Hi Merv ,Thanks mate , I joined the dole que today and apart from that have had a couple of offers that came to nothing.
But unless something good pops up ,I would like this month off .