How to create a weblink

Matt Brown

Reaction score
I just spoke to Ron and suggested the following might help. Here's how to create a link;

Paste the following code into the message form in Fishing Magic;

<!-- click here" -->

Remove the <!-- from the front of the above line and the --> from the end. I had to leave that in there so you could see the code.

The 'url' is the web address. For instance Fishing Magic's url is http://www.fishingmagic.com

You can visit the site you wish to link to and copy the url from the address bar at the top.

Where I've typed 'click here' you could type whatever you want people to see. It's just text.

Hope that helps.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Argghh! The fishing magic editor allows the <a> tag to work but not the comment tag.

Graham, can you help?

S

Shrek

Failing that, you could always view the source code of the webpage and work it out that way.................!!!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Here's a link to FM that will open a new page. To view it make sure you've got 'Forum Notification' enabled and view it that way, in your email inbox.

You'll see that you don't need all those quotation marks, etc. It's really quite simple:

Link to FM

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Here is how I do it:

Start off with this---

HERE

Put the address of the page or website you want to link to between the two sets of inverted commas
and where it says HERE type in what you want the link to read

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
The link that Adrian posted is the best way of seeing how to do it. And you don't even need the "".

S

Shrek

I can't get it to work without the speech marks then.

What did I miss?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
You didn't miss anything off the first one (and I don't understand the second one) but you need to refresh the page before it will work.

S

Steve King

Here is the cheat's way of doing it.

Refer to the instructions given by Adrian.

Open Wordpad or Notepad and either copy and paste the example link or type it in. Save the document.

When you want to create a link open Wordpad or Notepad. Edit the document i.e. type in the address of the website. Copy the txt. Go to Fishing MAGIC and paste the link in your post.

Easy or what?!

S

Shrek

Bizarre.

The second one is the one I use all the time.

Hey ho, at least it works the way I do it.