The Syndicate

malc

Reaction score
Great Article Stu!

Like you, I've just found a great water, I just took a look around this afternoon in fact! Cost me ?30 + ?5 for a key, so a bit cheeper than yours! Hardly fished, and plenty of lumps. Heaven!

May your new venture at your new Syndicate water be as productive as you hope.

I look forward to reading about your forthcoming session and learning of your captures.

S

sash

Nice start (and write-up) to a new water Stu, and within 5 minutes too!

Good to see a description of why you fished where you fished (if you know what I mean!)as that is something that is often missing from an article.

Are you allowed to say - is that a Mark Simmonds bred fish?

malc

Reaction score
Certainly a 'simmo' sort of shape Sash, eh?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Again, this syndicate series is another good example of how you can enjoy fishing, with all it's many and varied challenges, without having to target the biggest carp available.

S

sash

It is Malc. I've had some experience of the little fellas of late so it did strike a chord.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Good read and looking forward to the next instalment. Hope the rest of the year is filled with wet nets and smiles.

B

Big Rik

good stuff Chubbo.

I'm obviously privvy to all that goes on before it's written, coz he phones me up while he's at the lake.

Happy days.

F

Frothey

good stuff stu

hope the season is as interesting as the books of the same name!

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments guys. Its like any article you write, you thinks its going down the right road but until it hits you're never sure.

Is this the sort of stuff you want me to continuw with? Is it useful and if so why? that way I can focus them a little more if you want me to continue them?

I've given Graham the second instalment and will be writing the third based on last nights trip. Not on an ego brushing session here I promise, but are these what you want or would you like something more technical?

S

sash

I thought it was a nice mix Stu. Part diary / part technical (e.g. groundbait mix, bait placement).

I personally would like to see explanations of rig thoughts too. Not asking for you to give any secrets away but along the lines of why you chose an inline lead or why you chose a stiff rig, stuff like that.

So often you read techical articles from the big names and they really aren't technical at all. I think mixing it up with a diary style and some humour gets more people interested and hopefully generates more positive discussion.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Here's my take on Stuart's Syndicate series.

It's based on a diary of actual events, which is a factual account. But laced into the story can be his thoughts and reactions to unfolding events during the session, either at the time or planned for the next session.

Moreover, his thoughts about rigs, baits, etc (whether or not he actually tries them) can also be included.

Me, I think 'The Syndicate' is an excellent vehicle for all those things, and one that gives you a sense of 'being there', which is always a good thing.

malc

Reaction score
Just to echo the above comments and to add that for me such a series of articles gives an ongoing account of how problems/potential problems are overcome, and that can be applied to ones own fishing situations.

Its by listening to and reading about others' thought processes that we learn ourselves. Its all a learning curve, no matter how expereinced we consider aourselves to be.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Have to agree with the others. Keep it diary/tec that way it contains something for everyone no matter what level there fishing is at.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

That pic has been Photoshoped. That aint no Simmo. Real pic in Gallery.