tickling carp

S

sandra wood

Ilove tickling carp when being put back in water not all allow this but i canstay with one for sometime and lift them out aswell ....i think they love it i really do ..but my friend says they are tried or afraid i say not..i would like to hear views from good carp catchers please

C

Carp Angler

I can't say I actually tickle them, but I always try to put them back slowly and gently.
I hold on to them for quite some time and they always swim away nice and easily, they seem to be under no stress whatsoever.

I feel if they are in no rush to swim away, then they must be feeling OK.

P

Paul Williams

Hey Rik,
For a moment there i thought it was your Missus when Sandra said "love tickling carp"....:eek:)

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
And if it is, be gentle with him, he's been known to explode with laughing gas when tickled. Well, gas anyway.

S

Stewart Bloor

Sandra asks : 'i would like to hear views from good carp catchers please'.....so what you lot doing on here.....

S

Stewart Bloor

You're up late Rik...which reminds me, so am I...so it's goodnight from me and it's goodnight from him...I'm off to get some beauty sleep....

S

Sandra Wood

thought i may have had a good response ....how very wrong i was ?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Sandra, I think the problem is that a few of us wondered if you were being serious and made a light-hearted response to your posting.

So, on a more serious note, tickling carp is something I haven't tried, but the next time I put one back I'll have a go at it and see if it responds. I've tried tickling trout before now and managed to whip a few out of the water (a long time ago, for those who're ready to hang me) but I don't think it was the tickling that did the trick but the fact that I lay still long enough while the trout swam over my hand.

K

Kieron Seymour

Sounds Like your just getting desperate to catch some fish.