England's Win

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

I'll bet this does not even get a mention in the media.

However if England came first in the international pumpkin seed spitting contest, it would be all over the front pages.

L

Les Clark

Oh super Ron ,just the right news to hear on a monday morning ,will lift the spirits no end .lol

Matt Brown

Reaction score
I love reading about the World Champs. Brilliant!

I can't wait for Alan Scothorne to win a 5th gold medal/

B

Bully

Mind you - if losing a 6oz skimmer at the net was the difference between 4th and 1st for Alan, then it doesn't exactly sound a spectacle does it !?!

Never the less - great news.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
That was a cracking result for Team England on a venue that favoured the French because it was a rock hard, tiddler snatching venue, just the sort of fishing they excel at.

There was a time, not that many years ago, when we would have been also rans on a venue like this but the English team are now, probably the best pole anglers in the world on any venue. If you accept that we are also the best running water anglers it doesn't leave much hope for the rest of Europe does it?

Well done Team England.

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
If Englands footballers were half as successfull as our anglers they would all be sirs by now.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Congrats to team England and Will Raison, was Bob Nudd in the squad this year? hope He gets a fifth gold as well in the near future.

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

Brilliant stuff! I love it when we clobber the frogs and everyone else but especially the frogs.

A

Angler Saxon

I agree, well done the lads. But Ron, it's all very well complaining about lack of media coverage - but look at the response it's had from this one forum - practically nothing. 13 messages from 11 people. We need to learn that we have to bang our drum louder. It's not just match fishermen who would benefit from a bit more media coverage.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Good point. One of angling's strengths is also its' weakness and that it's so diverse.

Unfortunately many people aren't bothered about Match Fishing.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

You are dead right Matt.

Even in my area - Rotherham, a one time noted match angling hotbed, I can just about count the number of regular match anglers on one hand.

At the moment in the two tackle shops I frequent, most are talking about barbel fishing!

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

You wont find many pubs down here where the lads chat Carp/Barbel/Speci, its nearly all match fishing chat day in day out. I mention 15+ Bream, Barbel or whatever and in the main they dont bat an eyelid. Mention ****ie was down the cut last week on the squatt at 16m bagging skimmers and eye's are popping out of sockets. Match mad round here. I even partake in the odd one or two.

Anyhow, well done to all the T E lads.