Late summer/Autumn Trent barbel fish-in

• Thread starter Herr General Swordsy
  • Start date
H

Herr General Swordsy

Well even though it was hotter than the devils armpit we all managd to catch something,shall we do it again and if sowhere and when?

Paul Mallinson 2

Reaction score
Definately as I am very envious of those that attended this one. In answer to your questions Swordsy, for me, preferably Oct - 2nd or 3rd weekend, and either below Collingham or above Holme Marsh, but having said that I would have no issues with it being at Collingham or Holme Marsh. I would prefer it to be when there is a bit of extra colour in the river after all the hot weather has passed.

Steve Hall

Reaction score
Hi, I said i would go too the last one when the thread was at its early stages but unfortunately couldnt make it, It sounds like a good time was had by all, October sounds a great idea with less commitments, Im very inexperienced when it comes to barbel but so far this season ive beet my personal best twice for the species on two different rivers so in the meantime ill be reading everything i can on barbel and putting these ideas into practice and hopefully by october i will be able to make the fish-in with a little more confidence.
Cheers all.

J

Jim Hinchley

Go on then , count me in as well, date dependant of course.

Might target them eels this time !!

Matt Brown

Reaction score
I suggest we meet up around 4pm-5pm this time as the target fishing time will be through the night again. If conditions look more favourable people can always arrive later.

What does everyone think?

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
If you can make it Saturday 15th October I'm there.

I'll leave the venue up to the experts.

Steve

:)

Daniel Matley

Reaction score
Yep count me in, I missed the first one after intially planning to attend and would like to meet up with some of the guys again who I met on the Ribble fish in. If it's October I can't do 15/16 but should be free any other time. Looking forward to it already.

Dan.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
couldnt make the one just passed because of trying to buy another car and what pisses me off the most is i also brought a bivvie and cooking equipment especially for the fish in.....
if a time,date and place is set in stone then i will mark it on me calendar and book any time off work if needed.

M

matt thomas

count me in,just say the date and i'm there and i'm gonna catch something this time

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

Fix a date and I'll see if I can make this one.

I

Ian "snotman" Foden

I'm not going to miss the next one! please advise date so can get it my diary!

B

Big Swordsy :O)

Well 15th suits both DB and FB so 15 is the date we shall work with then!

15th October autumn barbel fish-in