Chub Snooper Bag

R

Rodney Wrestt

Hi Jeff,
you know how much I rate the Chub Rova bag, realy a great piece of kit(courtesy of Course Fisherman mag).....buuuuut if it was maybe 3" -4" longer it'd be perfect. I have the medium sized fox box (also courtesy of Course Fisherman mag) and it just fits the Rova but it's a little tight.

I also have the Chub Delux Box (also courtesy of Course Fisherman mag) which has absolutly no chance of going in. How does the Snooper compair size wise to the Rova's main compartment?

Is the Snooper that much bigger in overall bulk with regards to the compact size and ease of carrying the Rova has?

W

Wolfman Woody

The main compartment of the Snooper's floor area is slightly smaller than the floor of the Rova. It will take a Fox Medium Box though.

Overall, it's perhaps a tad smaller than the Rova, but difficult to tell because of the pockets and compartments. I don't have the Chub Delux Box to try for size.

If you already have the Rova, I would stick with it. I think it's aimed as competition to the Fox bag (called the Stalker, is it?) and certainly a lot better in many respects.

M

matt thomas

this is a great bit of kit which i bought last weekend to stop me filling my 100ltr rucksack every time i go a roving,i will talk you through how i fill mine and what i take on a short session
-base area-medium fox box(thanks matt brown for letting me test his to see if it fits at the collingham fish-in!)underneath i have a wallet with rigs in,
-main compartment,two bags of boilies and two wraps of paste,two cans of pop and a sandwich,camera,tube of korda pva stocking
-front compartment all my baiting tools and forceps in zip bit,the flap area holds my rod licence and club books
-left hand side mesh pocket scales and weighsling
-right hand side mesh pocket-small and medium baitdroppers,fox polaroids
-top zip box-3 angling times flip boxes (courtesy of last weeks AT)one with hooks ,one with safety clips tail rubbers and swivels,one with shot and anchor flying backleads,and also pellet bands
-a selection of leads from 2oz to 5 oz
i carry that on the strap, a bucket of pellets with a tin of meat and a small tub of glued twin pellets in there as well in my hand
a fishrite extreme chair which i have drilled at the back and put in two large keyring rings and attached an old strap on the other shoulder tucked inside is a cheap unhooking mat
one rod made up, one pafex net(got it from decathlon for 7 quid!,just changed the nasty sea style netting)
and there you have it ,i can fish all day with everything i need and in fair comfort and i can move swims fairly quickly or settle in one without having to think "oh i wish i had brought that"

R

Rodney Wrestt

Cheers Jeff,
I'll stick to the Rova for now then, it's still in top condition anyway and it's better than any other small bags I've had in the past.

Thanks for the list matt, it gives an idea of the load capacity.

W

Wolfman Woody

Good point Graham,

Tackle box is 20 x 14 x 4 cms external so the pocket it fits are those.

Main is 28 x 18 x 18 cms deep.

Bottom is same but only 7 cms deep.

Front pocket is 22 x 14 x 2.

If you want it in inches you'll have to buy me a calculator or a inch rule.

M

matt thomas

watch out for the new fox medium f box,they have made it bigger so it doesnt fit!!

that means anyone buying a new f box will have to buy a new fox rucksack/carryall as well ........clever