method

Rik Smith

Reaction score
Right i need some info from you people who use the method , probably everyone bar me . Been out a while.A lot of tench and bream have been coming out on my water on the method, so whats the ideal mix i will need for the Bream and Tench ? my understanding is that tench like it sweet and bream more fishy. so i'm a bit stuck as i want to catch both?

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
A successful mix for me is scalded trout and halibut pellets with the addition when cold of hemp, sweetcorn, dead maggots and some small halibut pellets. For me it has caught both. Bait has been a mixture of natural and fake corn hair rigged.
Talk to the people using the method where you intend to fish if they are succeeding on the method. As well as talking to them observe.

Rik Smith

Reaction score
i've spoke to most of them and they are all fishing for carp which i'm not interested in at the moment. It seems they are putting in 2-5 kilos of boilies for each rig they have out so the bream are getting use to them ,the tench haven't started to show to any degree yet due to late spawning. So i thought about using the 6mm bloodworm boilies along with the bloodworm pellet feed the small stuff, and maybe mix some partical with it , to try and cross that barrier which has taken the fish away from the normal corn, worm, maggot etc.