R Tame

Phil Hatton 2

Reaction score
I'm looking to gain access to the above in the Stockport/Denton area. Has anyone got any info on who has the rights please?

Reaction score
Phil, to the best of my knowledge the stretch is free fishing at present.

I have heard on the grapevine that the Fed are looking to gain the rights. As far as I am aware the position of Stockport Council is that fishing rights on Council land, if sought, go by default to the Fed. Nothing seems to have happened yet. I don't know what the position is for land controlled by Tameside .

I am willing to be corrected.

Poshers

Paul Morley

Reaction score
Do you mean access as to where to get on the river? As Paul says it's free, there's a guy posting often on BFW about the river, go to Reddish Vale, park and walk up the river - you can see where it's been fished, and the deeper pools are equally obvious.

Reaction score
I have heard that the stretch that is accessible opposite the Tesco's on Tiviot Dale/Way fishes well....I would have some reservations in terms of where to park. Mind you my car is parked opposite the house and it got vandalised t'other night!

Rich P

Reaction score
Hi Phil - both Pauls have it right, in that it's currently free. If you want more detailed info, try the barbelhunters forum. It's owner is Stockport based and there's a lot a local info on the Tame and Goyt. Happy hunting.....