Timer for DSLR

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
All anglers know of the problems of taking a self-portrait of their best fish. On my camera, you can set it to take one picture 10 seconds from pressing the button on the camera, or you can use an infra-red remote that will take a picture just 2 seconds after activating it.

Problems being - method 1) you have to get into postion and pose with fish within 10 seconds and for a second shot have to put fish down and push button again and pick up fish etc..... Method 2) you have to hold fish at same time as holding and activating small infra-red device and having then just two seconds to hide device and pose.

Problems, problems!

But is this the answer?

Yes, it's off Ebay, but look at the benefits -

• Time delay: 0s to 99hrs 59min 59s in one-second increments
  • Exposure time: 0s to 99hrs 59min 59s in one-second increments
  • Interval: 1s to 99hrs 59min 59s in one-second increments
  • Number of shots: 1 to 399,

You can set it to wait 20 seconds before the first shot, then 3 seconds (maybe 10 if using flash at night) before taking second and subsequent shots, and set it to take 10 shots to make sure you look good in at least one of them :)D) or change your pose.

All the time, you can be thinking about the fish and not be messing around with the camera. I have not seen these, I don't think, made by Olympus and they are available for other cameras. What can be wrong with them? I think they're a great idea and am considering getting one.

(PS it can't damage my camera because whenever I take it I never catch owt to warrant using it! :( :mad:)

MarkTheSpark

Reaction score
Cool gadget. I bought a cheapo radio shutter release AND a radio flash trigger from fleabay and, though it's not the best-made kit you ever saw, both are still working. And very cheap.

This gadget would be fantastic for time-lapse photography, too. You could shoot a series of pictures of yourself getting more and more morose, and balder.

---------- Post added at 12:29 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

My D700 has an intervalometer built in. Just take a look at what this photographer has done with this tool...

HERE

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Just take a look at what this photographer has done with this tool...
Crikey, looked like a scene from 'The Fog'! Great though.

This gadget would be fantastic for time-lapse photography, too.
I think that is the intension Mark, but isn't that what we anglers want in a short burst?
You could shoot a series of pictures of yourself getting more and more morose, and balder.
I don't like being reminded, thank you!