A cry for HELP!!!

Beaker

Reaction score
I am at the moment banned from driving, christ i am not eve allowed to ride a bike. Before you think what the hell has he done, it is on doctors advice because in the last 2 months I have blacked out on a number of occasions.

What I was wondering are ther any members in the Swindon area that could give me a lift on the odd occasion. I am housetrained and can get myself sorted, without any help.

One member is taking me and I hope this can continue but he cant take me all the time and so I would like to get out one other time a month.

Please can anyone help?

The bad one

Reaction score
I feel for you deeply, how horrible that must be to have all that you hold dear taken away from you. I wish I could help, but I live in the NW, so can't, other than show you empathy.

dezza

Reaction score
All of us have to face this one day, that's why I suggest that you take up fly fishing. You don't have to hump loads of tackle around and you will probably find that there are lots of trout waters in easy bus ride of where you live.

I have at least 5 good waters close to me that cost me NOTHING to get there. My local town council reservoir for example is 5 miles bus ride away, there is a bus every 20 minutes and you can get a pensioners season ticket for next to nothing: £124.00 for 30 visits.

Go for it.

Rickrod

Reaction score
Come on guys there must be loads of members around swindon Think how much your angling means to you and to have it all taken away from you . Its your chance to help out a fellow angler who just needs a little help.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
A bit too far away for me too, Beaker, and I have one 'invalid' I take already. He recovering from a mild heart attack.

If you have any 'personal' concerns :wh I can organise some incontinence pads so you don't wet anyone's seat. They are tried and tested in the bus I drove. :D :D :D ;) ;)

Good luck fella, there has to be someone somewhere in the Swindon area. We'll keep bumping this to the top for you.

Ian Morgan

Reaction score
Beaker,

'Hope this is investigated and sorted quickly.

At the risk of stating the obvious/being a killjoy...have you thought carefully about whether the circumstances in which you are blacking out might be replicated when fishing? (For example, on standing after sitting for some time)?

The bankside (esp. a river at this time of year), though less hazardous than behind the wheel of a car, is perhaps not the safest place to have a blackout.

Best wishes,

Ian

richiekelly

Reaction score
beaker if you do manage to get out fishing please be sure to fish near to someone,i have a freind who used to black out for no apparent reason,it first happened when we were fishing and the first i knew he came floating past me face down,he recovered after we got him out but i would hate to think what would have happened if he was alone,keep yourself safe.

Anjinsan

Reaction score
Hi Beaker,I'm Sean. I live in Wantage Oxfordshire. I'd be more than happy to help you out with the odd trip out. Provided your not mental,eat people or wear pink cord trousers.

Mainly fly fish for course fish,or lure fish for perch,chub,pike.Quite happy to trot a float,or feeder fish though.

I have a van so plenty of room for gear. Do I pm you on here.

Feel free to get in touch. We could pop down the Thames Lechlade way, or I could pick you up and we could fish towards Abingdon way. Where ever really.

Offers there

Sean

Rickrod

Reaction score
Hi Beaker,I'm Sean. I live in Wantage Oxfordshire. I'd be more than happy to help you out with the odd trip out. Provided your not mental,eat people or wear pink cord trousers.

Mainly fly fish for course fish,or lure fish for perch,chub,pike.Quite happy to trot a float,or feeder fish though.

Feel free to get in touch. We could pop down the Thames Lechlade way, or I could pick you up and we could fish towards Abingdon way. Where ever really.

Offers there

Sean

Top man ........

MarkTheSpark

Reaction score
Ron does have a good point about taking public transport to your fishing. If you take a good look at Travelline, you'll almost certainly find there are plenty of buses going out of town to bits of river and lakes. And it offers you more independence than tagging along with someone else.

Sorry to hear of your plight - 200 miles away, I'm afraid.

Beaker

Reaction score

Offers there

Sean

Hi Sean,

Thanks, drop me a pm and we can swap details,

Rob.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Good on yer Sean, perhaps get on a fish-in with us lot next year?, plus you Beaker

MarkTheSpark

Reaction score
The generosity of people on this forum never fails to impress me. It's what makes FM great.

You're a good bloke, Sean. Grant yourself the luxury of a smug grin.