Magpies Ahoy!

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I can associate with all of that Kevin, it never ceases to amaze me what junk we fishermen buy and then discard. I pride myself on buying as little as possible at fishing shows but still I accumulate items of tackle that I never have, nor ever will use.

C.T.B.D. Compulsive tackle buying disorder, a common affliction of fishermen.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The problem is that if we ever got rid of some of this gear that we haven't used for God knows how many years, it is a racing certainty that the very next day we could have found a use for it.

M

madpiker

"i`d better not sling that out,it might come in useful one day" is my motto

alan

Reaction score
my mrs collects dolls and other crap, when she stops, i will stop collecting fishing stuff.

J

jason fisher

i've got to stop buying fishing stuff i can't get in through the front door.

K

Kevin Perkins

I may be alone, but I get it all out of the boxes, look at it, convince myself I am never going to use it, and put it straight back in the box again!

M

madpiker

alans missus would probably say "my husband collects fishing tackle and other crap,when he stops,i`ll stop collecting dolls and stuff" hee hee!

alan

Reaction score
she probably does, but at least i got an excuse not to stop.

cant have her thinking she is 1 up on me can i?

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

If I get rid of some of those boxes of unused tackle in my shed I might have room for the lawn mower which at the moment is in the greenhouse.

M

Mike Parker 2

Like floats, most takle is designed to catch fishermen, not fish!

I downsized a couple of years ago. My 'better half passed comment only last week, when we went fishing together that I went to the lake in one trip ( the rivers are too low and clear at the moment - thats why I went to a lake) she took 3 trips!!!!!!!!!

Even having downsized I still take bits of 'junk' with me - my current bag is the size of a small creel. I will get round to a rod/ landing net / bait bucket ( literally an old bakers jam bucket) and waist coat by the end of the year!

The fishing shed is much downsized now as well, but I hate to get rid of rods and reels they all seem to be associated with memorable days or fish, however I have vowed to give the 'surplus' to a kids section sometime soon - awwwwww its my sensitve side coming out!

You know what? I feel so much better not having an Alladins Cave of tackle - give it a go, you know it makes sense.

KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid is a good motto.

C

Chris Bishop

I have vowed to give the 'surplus' to a kids section sometime soon ...

Hi Mike,

Second Chance - based at the Bivvy Hospital, Cosham, Portsmouth - is a great charity which takes youngsters fishing.

Bet they'd love some kit, not so long ago I think they could arrange carriage via friendly courier.