Want to fish a local match

Alex Toze

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

I have just found out my local angling association puts on a free match every wednesday evening down the Exe.

Now I have never witnessed a match in action let alone competed in one.

I have caught fish from the stretch of river and fancy the new experience.

Now would you reccomend to maybe check check it out first or just take my tackle down and join in.

Is there any extra things I need to know about match fishing (sorry if this is a massive question)

thanks for your time guys

Alex

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
if you haven`t match fished before,it doesn`t matter if its your local stretch of river or your local commercial fishery,go and take a look at whats going on etc before you fish a match....take a note book with you so you can refer back to things and remember to always be polite and repectful when talking with the matchmen and trying to gleam info from them.
if your`e able to practice on your chosen venue then thats good and when you feel you have enough confidence in yourself and your methods,then go for it!!!
tight lines.

Alex Toze

Reaction score
"remember to always be polite and repectful when talking with the matchmen and trying to gleam info from them."

What are they members of the royal family?.
I am always polite to everyone.

Thanks I guess I should take a pop down this evening and see what the score is.

Thanks mate.

Alex Toze

Reaction score
Last wednesay evening they had one on the bonhay road stretch in exeter. above the weir at the mill on the exe pub.

also they do one on the tidal stretch at countess weir but think the last one was moved to shillay (Exe bridges) cos the gippo's had moved in.

I get this info from here every thursday
http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk/displ...duleName=InternalSearch&formname=filtersearch

but I guess you could call Exeter Angling centre as some of them often compete in the comps.

Alex