how to pass information on

guest61

Reaction score
I don't blog. I don't read any either.

<edit>Sorry, that sounds abrupt its not meant to be. In short there are too many blogs around, the personal reflections of an angler fishing his club waters or pursuing species such Pike, Carp or Barbel is not something that I have an interest in.

Mark

Last edited:

jef bertels

Reaction score
the personal reflections of an angler fishing his club waters or pursuing species such Pike, Carp or Barbel is not something that I have an interest in.

Mark

Totally agree Mark - there's some good ones about though that are nothing like that e.g. Idlers Quest which is done by Rufus from this forum

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
I'm afraid I never have quite got the idea of 'blogs'.

What's their purpose? To tell other how well you've done, what you caught your fish on, how big were the fish, what species they were, etc. And is the whole idea for as many people as possible to read these 'blogs'?

If that's the case, then why not write the blog as an article and send it to us?

Now whilst it's true that magazines can be very selective about the articles the reproduce, we on websites aren't tied to the amount of space we can commit every day/week/month and so are far more responsive to articles we receive. What we do like to see is pictures, Rufus was mentioned earlier here and he takes some quite good ones to illustrate his articles. Those are what make the difference.

An article might also express an opinion and present the facts/evidence as you see it. They might also be a way of passing on tips on different fishing methods and if they're really good, because nothing on a website is removed, people will be referencing for years to come.

So why write a 'blog' when you can tell a whole lot more people about yourself, your methods and what you do by writing an article. If in the most extreme case we don't publish it (very rare cases), then you can always put it up as a blog. But an article will allow you to shine. Give it a go.

guest61

Reaction score
How to pass information on..

I'm a believer in passing information on. When I post on a club website I'll give locations of the swims that I've been fishing, what methods I'm using, what the access is like, any parking issues and what I've caught, or not as the case may be - I'll also post photos of significant catches.

I'd like to think that if I was fishing somewhere new that I could find some information on the club forum, which would help me get the most from my trip. Alas, this is not generally the case, many of the posts are in some form of code.

This site covers the national fishing scene (doesn't it?) so I figure its unlikely that guys from for example, the Lea valley will not get much out of my forum posts on club fishing here in the North West.

Mark

guest61

Reaction score
I don't know. Skippy who lives in the Chalfonts fishes the Dee for grayling. Many of our members are highly mobile so you never know!

Fair point Jeff - But the club waters that I fish are just that - no day tickets.

Last edited:

gary sheridan

Reaction score
Thats excatly what i expected good feedback and posotive attitude.
Geoff i will post catch reposts .
you see i have a conflict of things where an IT guy well educated and sell programes for all sorts of mac, and others like windows.
Said people want know who you are things about yourself are important it gives them a feel for who you truly are.
like a story i can post all day mate about catches here .
If thats what you guys want then sure i will do that here is one for you .

last week had dad and lad here with catfish to 180lbs carp to 44lb and lots more commons
along with zander to 4lb
All the fish they caught were pb,s the young lad ben turnbull was 11 years old
his first fish was a superb 96lb catfish fought like a crazy mad thing. you shold have seen his face . complet delight.
his father had to beat that after all he could not have his son beating him, after a short time thats just what happend after landing his superb fish of 180.00lb welscatfish.
the pair had lost more fish and they booked there trip on a very short notice. four days prior actualy. and with many phone calls ben senior and son ben booked there trip on the soul basis oif asking around many comnays and other forums . the week seen lost of commons to 40+lb part of a 45 40.00lb common haul for the month of october. along with 15 50.00lb carp this year we certainly have hit the spot.

Attachments

• little ben with 40lb common.jpg
    little ben with 40lb common.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 46
  • P281010_14.500001.JPG
    P281010_14.500001.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 41
  • P301010_10.490004.jpg
    P301010_10.490004.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 36
  • P301010_10.470001.JPG
    P301010_10.470001.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 33
  • P301010_10.490002 copy.jpg
    P301010_10.490002 copy.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 42

gary sheridan

Reaction score
geoff just recived this afetr trying to open the pictures to see how they look

gary sheridan, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1 Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

2 If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

guest61

Reaction score
That's great stuff. But now I'm confused, you've started a thread on 'How to pass information on' and then go on to post what looks like a catch report.

I think that it would be worth your while posting your catches in the ‘Venue Reports’ section. When you do this perhaps you could add such information. Methods, baits, location of swims, time of capture.

The problem with stuff like 'his first fish was a superb 96lb catfish fought like a crazy mad thing. you shold have seen his face . complet delight.' is that it doesn't tell the reader very much.

Mark

gary sheridan

Reaction score
its not abupt mate not at al i am finding my footing as to where to go with blogs . the right direction etc. been informed by "experts" to say everything about me fishing reports tactics and so on and some say fishing reports are suffice . i suppose that just a blog about that is not really wortht mate. after all like you said you wont read it some might after a while. anyways how the hell i am supose to become famous hay lol if nobody knows who i am or what i catch. tight lines mate keep your eye out for more catch reports.