Letter from EA

Matt Brown

Reaction score
I received a letter from the EA this morning pointing out why I might want to buy a licence and get out fishing.

I have a licence, so assuming everyone on their database is to receive this letter this seams like a waste of money.

Surely there's no point in sending the letter to people who have a licence.

I don't want them spending my licence fee on this. Fair enough send them to people who haven't renewed this season.

Can anyone from the EA shed any light on this?

W

Wolfman Woody

Perhaps they think you're old and have forgotten that you already bought one. Now you might go and buy another. I must watch out for that, make sure I don't buy another.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

yes
and people call for you in a big yellow bus and take you out for dinner and a day out at the day centre ---It's great !!!

Matt Brown

Reaction score
I looking forward to peeing myself, and pretending not to hear things, and keeping any balls that get kicked over my fence!

Oops I'm hijacking my own thread.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Peeing yourself is good in the winter. It warms your thighs ....

Ian Whittaker

Reaction score
I never got a reminder , or a letter to tell me that I may have inadvertantly bought a second licence.
My son did receive a letter though..

Andrew Bailey

Reaction score
"I looking forward to peeing myself, and pretending not to hear things, and keeping any balls that get kicked over my fence!"

For some of us that time is already here.

M

madpiker

happiness is like peeing yourself,everyone else can see it but only you can feel the warmth.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
An elastic band and a good quality bag (no,not PVA!) sorted!

It's amazing how long it stays warm!

C

Clive Evans 1

I got one as well.
Didn't realise it was a diuretic aid as well as a begging letter.

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

This week I be mostly wearing Huggies.

I didn't get a letter but perhaps they're only sending them out to rich people in which case most of them were probably sent to Ron.

P

Phil Hackett 2

Oh the joys of the incontinence pants and old age!
You can dump and slash in them all you want. No longer are you tied to looking for somewhere to have a dump, or missing a bite because you got up to have a slash in the nearby bushes.
You don?t after dumping in them get bothered with information seeking angler hanging around for an hour pumping you for information.

Your piece and tranquillity of being on you own is very rapidly restored with one pull of the waistband.

Being old has it?s advantages too, you can ogle and make passes at all the scantly dressed girls that seem to be about these days and they think you?re a lovable, harmless old man who?s just out to flatter them. And you get away with it in most cases!
Down side is, there?s bugger all you can do about it if they fell for your seductive charm.

Isn?t life a bugger, just when you get to an age when you could charm the vestal virgins, there?s sod all you could do! ;0)

P.S Matt was was the question you asked?

K

Ken Moth

Isn’t life a bugger, just when you get to an age when you could charm the vestal virgins, there’s sod all you could do! ;0)

haha, speak for yourself mate!"

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

"haha, speak for yourself mate!"

I second that.

Reaction score
Got my letter this morning. What a waste of time! Been fishing for 22 years and the one and only time i have had my licence checked was over a decade ago. How about some enforcement please?

Reaction score
Think i may have worked out this letter biz. it says in AT it was sent to people who failed to renew their licences. I normally buy my licence online but on the day i needed a new one their website wouldn't allow online purchases, so i went to the post office and did it the old fashioned way. Perhaps they cannot cross check between the two methods of purchase despite the address being the same?