Reels

Chris

Reaction score
ive seen the new wychwood baitrunner range and i'm interested in the maximiser big pit freespin, i've also seen the shimano 6000 RE for ?57, should i pay a bit more for the shimano? Any other suggestions on a good Baitrunner will be welcome.

JC

Reaction score
Chris, I suggest you read the thread on here entitled "You helped me out with alarms....." as you will find all sorts of opinions on reels. Hope this helps.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I see from your profile you only get out once a month. If thats the case then the Wynchwood will be fine. If you can afford the Shimano's i would buy them every time though. I have found with reels that you get what you pay for.

M

matt thomas

shimano,but i find the clutches better on okumas,and for a bit more emblem pros are a nice carp reel.

C

Cakey

Ive got 4x shimano LC's and they are a superb big pit baitrunner and one day dropped one on the floor whilst landing a fish and broke a tiny pin off a cosmetic bit that tidies up the bale arm assembly ,I then went HERE and ordered the part ,with in 24hrs the part had arrived and fitted

my boy lost the rubber ring that goes round the spool on a big pit diawa and after months of trying give up and he brought a new reel

Also when looking for a new line (bass pro was hard to get over here ,I now get it direct) I tried diawa duo and went to my local pit and the line come back shredded every time so I thought the line must be faulty as bass pro had never done it in 15 years of fishing there,so I sent back a length of the shredded line .....they just did not want to know !

So when buying gear thats going to cost you hard earnt money surely back up service has to come into it !

Shimano everytime for me and I wouldnt own ant thing diawa even if you gave it to me !

Chris

Reaction score
Thanks all, i think it's clear that the Shimano would be the better bet.

B

Big Rik

"but i find the clutches better on okumas"

????????????????????
????????????????????

obviously that's down to personal opinion and not any given facts or proof ?

M

matt thomas

personal experience Rik not opinion,although i do think that shimano make better reels i just wish they would stop giving me a heart attack .anyway there off to felindre for a service so i will wait to see what they are like when they come back.

L

Little Stu!

If they're off to Felindre Matt, they'll be spanking new on return mate!

M

matt thomas

excellent,that will save me hanging my (maxxed)credit card over some 10k's then!!

boyce pratt

Reaction score
if you go for a shimano go for the gte not the re. if you want the best valued reel on the market go for the okuma, it's not the best but you do get twice as much for your money. i use both these reels and are happy with either of them.