suicidal carp

P

Paul Adams

hello carpers-not a serious question but i've just joined fishing magic & thought i'd chip in with a question, two years ago i caught the same carp twice in one day, in the morning & then
in the afternoon-on the same bait, in the same place, ok it was only 8 pounds
but i've never heard of this happening before(with carp)-and yes, it was the
same carp-not important really, just want to see what anyone else thinks

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Welcome to FISHINGmagic Paul. Repeat captures happen a lot, and many anglers think it happens with carp more than any other fish. But that's not true, it happens with all species, it's just that carp are more easily recognisable, giving the impression that the smae ones are caught more often.

The most important aspect of this issue is that it goes a long, long way to proving to the potty PETA brigade that if fish can feel pain like they say they can then they must like it. If not, why do they keep coming back for more so soon after being caught?

Of course they will have a glib answer, but the simple truth is that they don't feel pain. There might a little discomfort involved, but that is a very small price to pay for all the good that anglers do for fish and the waters they live in.

R

Rob Brownfield

Paul. I fished a syndicate water in Lancashire over a weeks period. In that time I caught over 700 pounds of Carp, howevermany of the fish were caught twice, three times and in one unbelievable case, 7 times in 7 days. I had it 3 times, a friend 4 times. These fish were all doubles...up to about 17 pounds. I cannot explain why they were so mad for the bait, but we just could not do wrong.

i have never know anything like it. It took a while to realise it was the same fish but comparing photos afterwards showed that one fish was caught twice in 2 hours!!!

P

Paul Adams

carp angler-nice one!

graham-totally agree about those peta plonkers,
why don't they concentrate on the tuna fleets
& massive shark finning operations.

rob-what was you using, dynamite!

P

Paul Williams

Paul,
The Peta plonkers can't reason like you!!...most of us would probably back them if they tried to save species from extinction.....but we all know there are plenty of watercourses that would be devoid of life if not for anglers.......they can't see that!!!!!!

D

Dave Johnson

Last week on the Dove I lost a barbel at 7pm after I tangled at the tip and lost the hooklength. As Mike Fidler can verify, I landed the same 7lb+ fish two hours later and re-claimed my hook.

R

Rob Brownfield

Paul A, I was using good old Trout Pellet boillies...well..Salmon pellet actually...mixed with egg, boiled then air dried.