Clubs

Chris

Reaction score
Hello all,

i'm relatively new to the sport and i was wondering if anyone could recommend a club or fishery that operates around the greater london area. I'm looking for a good coarse fishing area which also has a good stock of Carp for the future when i'm able to purchase the equipment and i will appreciate all your inputs.

Many Thanks

Chris .T

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
Big place, London! Care to be more specific?
LAA to the north and CALPAC to the south, plus CEMEX (formerly RMC) anywhere that gravel has been dug (i.e. wherever a river valley runs near a motorway)are all worth a sniff, but there are lots of local clubs as well.

Chris

Reaction score
Thanks Alan,

Being more specific, south London would be Preferable,i'm prepared to go quite far though.

Fishing Gimp

Reaction score
Look at Gerrards Cross Ac as they have a lot of water including affiliation to Reading AA.

If Gravel Pit fishing have a look at the RMC web site as some of the waters make you drool at the prospect of fishing them; but remember these are mostly hard waters.

If you are really new to the sport and want to catch a few, have a look at the OLDBURY Hill website. This is a series of lakes near Dorking and can be fished on a day ticket with a good mix of fish with a reasonable chance of catching some good specimens.