New Baby News

The Hood

Reaction score
Dear all, i've off line for some time but the Mrs have eventually given birth to our new baby girl.

Named Briana Rose Davey, born 28th June at 7lb 7oz, same as that solitary carp I caught from Clattercote.

Baby had the cord around her neck twice and around the waist, and flat lined on delivery and was not breathing. Was resussitated by fantastic staff at Milton Keynes general hospital, so you can imagine things have been difficult recently.

Mother and baby doing ever so well now, along with 15 month old twin girls and an 8 year old step daughter I am well out numbered.

F

Frothey

well done, women get all the attention, but its not all that hard for them is it? :)
good to hear they're ok.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Well done Mike.You are going to have your work cut out with 3 under 2.

My last daughter was born with a bit of a panic at the last minute and its the worst feeling in the world when you realise that something may be wrong.As you say though the medical staff are fantastic in those circumstances.

Are you giving up now or still trying for a boy!

The Hood

Reaction score
I think i'll take a visit to the vets as soon as I can Nigel, four kids is enough for anyone to take fishing.

The Hood

Reaction score
Perhaps now we have a triple buggy, octoplus can make a few attachmets for us all to fish????

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

A triple buggy - I'll bet that clears the pavements! :)

W

Wolfman Woody

The song "Here We Go Severing Nuts In May" comes to mind.

Congratulations Mike. Life will be hell from here on. Fishing? Forget it for a while, you've got all those pleasant child things to look forward to.

Soiled nappies, burping and puking on your shoulder, getting up at 3 in the morning and taking them for a walk around town, and when they're 13 - God help you! Spots and PMT amongst other things and then they want their navel piercing. Lots to look forward to and good luck.

I

Ian Cloke

Congratulations to you and your Mrs, Mike.

Glad to see everything turned out OK mate, it's a trauma in itself, childbirth, without any unexpected occurences.

Hen-pecked is a word that springs to mind, for future years mate ;-)

Smokedodger

Reaction score
Congratulations Mike, having 3 daughters myself (all over 21 now) I know what you'll be going through and I can guarantee there'll be more laughs than tears.

The Hood

Reaction score
Cheers lads, I do have one problem, we only have a three bedroom house, so maybe i'll have to move into me tackle shed?

One of my pals said are you trying for a boy next time, don't worry he gets out of A & E soon.

S

Shrek

Brilliant news and all the best.

As for moving into the tackle shed, why aren't you in there already? Or perhaps set up permanently in your bivvy by the water side........?

M

matthew nightingale

Congratulations and God bless; suddenly nights fishing in a bivvy take on a whole new attraction!

R

Rodney Wrestt

Congratulations to you and your better half Mike,(she has back up now mate) as the others have said fishing will be a whole new experience in a few years.

So my advise is to get out as much as you can just now whilst the kids are still at the easy stage.

Ducking for cover as I type :eek:)

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Congratulatuins mate. Wait till they start bringing them lads home. My mate is already picking a shotgun to warn them of his daughter.