VDE Senior Masters

Waveney One

Reaction score
Peter Clapperton has asked me to let people on the site know that he is running a match for aging anglers ............ 50 years old or more. It is at Suffolk Water Park (Near Claydon, just off the A14 west of Ipswich) on Wednesday 10th August and will be held on Match Lakes 1 & 2.

Entry is ?20, (?6 day ticket money and ?14 Pools) VDE are putting up ?500 in prizes, which I believe will be in the form of G/Bait, pellets etc. but I am not sure. There is a Cafe on site that does a selection of bril' breakfasts. Draw will be 9.00am fish 10.30 to 3.30 and you can drive to all the pegs. Gates open at 7 am.

I would expect 50lb to win it but it could be more. Fish are mostly carp with them running three to the lb at present with bonus fish occasionally showing (I had one of 8lb on Sunday) and a few bonus tench that average 3lb. The carp mostly went in during the close season and are growing quite well.

To book in please ring 01473 832327.

Waveney One

Reaction score
Just seen in the Angling Times (page 48 ) that as well as the prizes for the match itself, VDE is offering ?1,000 of goodies for the first 100lb weight recorded in a match and witnessed by staff. As the current record is 70lb and the fish are growing all the time, I think the right angler on the right peg on the right day could do it.