Korum Accessory Chair

W

Wolfman Woody

Looks like there's some great innovative ideas on it, like the leg locking bar (ask Kevin Perkins about chairs collapsing - heheh!). That's probably what adds to extra weight to it.

One thing you missed though, Graham, how is it for having a kip in?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
It goes to very near horizontal - say no more!

M

Mark Hodson

Are the octoplus seatbox accesories compatable with this chair, or do you have to get the Korum gear ?

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I suppose that 13lb isn't all that heavy really when compared to most of the chairs that are on offer at the moment. That is if you exclude the real lightweight rover type chairs of course, what I don't understand is why didn't they do it in alloy! I am assuming its made of steel for strength.

Its certainly a very comfortable looking chair and very adaptable, if you have a box with attachments they would fit this with an adaptor but I don't think I would buy one even then. Mind you if its not far from your car to where you fish I suppose its a good piece of kit especially for older anglers who fish pools.

alan strickland

Reaction score
Had a look at one of these chairs in the korum catalog at start of season,was put off by the fact that the leg`s cant fold flat like normal chair`s.
What`s it like folded up do you remove the leg`s?

J

Jon Carrington

I have already ordered one, The trouble is I have tried to support my local shop and asked them to get it in for me and although they have already got the accessories in Korum won't have any chairs available to ship out until the end of August, they are obviously very much in demand already.

W

Wolfman Woody

"It goes to very near horizontal"

Oh, that is serious Zzzzeds time!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Graham, Alan, here's a quote from the review:

"The fully aluminium construction is light, strong, solid and folds flat for easy transportation - it even comes with its own carrying strap."

They obviously mean light, 'comparitively speaking'. And it is light compared to some reclining chairs, but heavy compared to some rover chairs. It's all about what you want the chair for.

F

Feeling tranquil

One of the things that would interest me most about this chair would be the rod rest attachment. But looking at their advert in this months CF it ooks like it all sits back too far to me putting it far too close. I prefer the rod out in front of me more....

J

jason fisher

leg locking bar's no good,when do you get the hilarity of watching some one go flying over the back of their chair if the legs lock.

Jim Gibbinson

Reaction score
Don't know if the phrase comes from Korum or from Fishing Magic, but as soon as I saw the chair described as a "fishing station", something inside me cringed.

Is it just me?

Besides, it smacks too much of those seatbox-cum-scaffolding set-ups used by matchmen.

M

matthew nightingale

Thing I didn't like about the Korum chair is that it seems you can only have your rod sticking out straight in front of you. I fish with mine at an angle of 45 degrees across my front so that could be a bit of a problem.

Jim Gibbinson

Reaction score
Matthew, you need the ancilliary rod-holder lateral-angle adapter. Used in conjunction with the rod-holder vertical-angle adapter it enables you to position your rod at any angle to the horizontal or vertical that you wish. Both, of course, can be used independently, too. They also work - independently or in conjunction - with the standard rod-holder height-adjustment function.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Embrace it Jim! The scaffolding makes it a lot easier where the banks are hard. And anyway, rod-pods are scaffolding aren't they?

Matthew, you can have the rod positioned any way you like, it doesn't have to be directly in front of you. I fished a match using mine only yesterday and had the rod at 45 degrees across the front of me.

I came third by the way.

Jim Gibbinson

Reaction score
I stand contrite and corrected.

Last time I went fishing (for mullet), I blanked. And the time before that. And, come to think of it, the time before that. I'm clearly an angler in dire need of a scaffolding fishing station. If only I could persuade someone to carry it the mile-and-a-half across farmland and along the seawall to reach the saltings, I'd order one forthwith.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
You might not have caught any more Jim, but you would have been more comfortable doing it!

But on a more serious note, as I said in the review, it's not a chair for carrying any distance.

Simon Kelshaw

Reaction score
I recently bought one of these chairs and fishing with it on Saturday, It particulary came into its own when the water i fished had quite over grown banks, so with the feeder arm actually pointing over the water and me perched on the very edge of the bank it made landing and striking extremely easy, no line caught up on thistles.

Its not the lightest in the world but when you consider what you carry on the other shoulder, rod holdall and perhaps your bait bag, I actually felt quite balanced.

I cant see no reason why octopuss bits would not fit as each Preston extention arm (?8.00 ish) comes with a round adapter, so square on one end and round on the other.

My only problem so far is im struggling to find black side trays etc, and im not spending money on that awful bright blue preston match gear to go with my black and green chair.

A good compromise for an all rounder me thinks

Si

Pete Rodaway

Reaction score
I like the sound of this chair but would not consider ordering this chair unseen, why? for a very basic reason. I am overweight,72 years old and unable to get up from a low level chair without assistance.

Like all chair makers for angling purposes, korum do not state an essential statistic. That is what is the MAXIMUM HEIGHT the seat can be set at.

That simple statistic, so essential to some of us, is enfuriatingly omitted time and time again, why?

Manufacturers please take note!