Taking my own picture

Y

yoggy

At the moment all i use is a canon 35mm basic camera for all my photographs,90% of my fishing is done on my own so i cannot ask a mate to take my picture.I have lots of pictures in my album but mostly of the fish and not me holding the fish!!!I would like to rectify this problem and its high time i bought myself a set up which enables me to do this as quickly and efficiently as possible,i like to travel as light as possible so anything bulky is out of the question,or am i asking to much??,,any advice would be greatly received..cheers.+

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Do a google search on the Olympus C5060. Its a brilliant camera that has a flip over screen that allows you to compose a quality self take. Its 5.1 Mega pixels with plenty of other useful feature and the price aint bad either.

Steve's digi cams has a good review on it.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Does your camera have a self timer function?

I have succesfuly managed to do some self portraits by sitting the camera on my chair or tackle bag and setting the timer going on the shortest setting (10 seconds).

With a little practise you can estimate quite accuratly your position in front of the camera and the distance you need to be from the lens etc...

It is easier to practise this with a digital camera tho as you don't have to wait for films to come back :0)

F

Frothey

you can get a bulb release adaptor for most camera's that dont have the screw thread on the button - i got mine origionally for a canon EOS, but it works just as well on my olympus digi. much better than using self timers. also if using digi's, dont worry about bracketing the shot, just take a high res shot and crop it accordingly.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

The Canon G6 has a remote control and a flip over screen.

It's the best camera I have ever seen for self portraits.

T

The Monk

In the old days with manual focus cameras we would set up a frame between two bank sticks set the camera up on a bank stick focused into the area between the other bank sticks, put some sellar tape on the camera lense to hold the focus setting in place, and attach a bulb release (The Jessops ones are crap, try using the large types you find on blow up sunbeds), ideally you would have a motowinder attached to the camera and thus kneel on the bulb-------amazingly you could get some decent shots like this.

Y

yoggy

The missus was getting pissed of with me ringing her.....hence this thread!!!!!!!!!