electric cables

M

madpiker

there should be signs near every electric pylon that crosses a water stating that it is unsafe to fish any closer,about 20 yards i think.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

If you think you are too close you probably are!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

depends what length rod/pole you are using ....

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

You'd be alright with a 75 metre rubber pole

Reaction score
Thanks guys for info. (Like the idea of the 75 metre rubber pole ED). You would certainly need a long rig. ha ha. Anyway thanks for all replys. Most kind.

M

madpiker

probably 30 yds here baz,i`m not sure as i never fish nearer than 50yds!

W

William Spencer

best bet is to stay way clear.electricity can arc as we know.the replies seem to be around 30 yards.i don't know if electricity can arc that distance so it's always wise to err on the side of caution.
don't consider yourself safe with glass fibre either,a damp glass pole will conduct as well as a carbon pole.

L

Laurie Harper

Also depends on the voltage. The cables on the BIG national grid pylons carry something like 33,000. The smaller ones rather less. As everyone says, staying well clear is probably the best way to ensure you draw your pension - always assuming the Govt. doesn't abolish them...

D

david bruce 1

What haven't you heard - the bivey boys have cottoned on and are now hooking up to complete their 'home comforts' - TV, hot showers, microwaved curries etc. He He