Broken Shimano Reel!!!

M

misterbarbel

Had the misfortune to drop one of my Shimano reels yesterday, resulting in the Fight N Drag lever cracking in two. The reel is Super Aero GT 4000 and is a good few years old. Does anyone know if Shimano Felindre are able to repair older Shimano models?.

Many Thanks

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I'm almost sure they do. Worth asking anyway.

M

misterbarbel

Graham, don't suppose you have the Felindre details to hand, I'm sure they used to be on the FM site but I can't find them. Shimano's website also appears to be down this morning.

Thx

Reaction score
Hi Scott
Here's the info you're after on Felindre.

Address
Felindre Servicing (SAS)
Blaen Nant Ddu
Felindre
Swansea
SA5 7ND

Telephone:
01792 796584

Fax:
01792 702525

M

misterbarbel

Thanks for the help guys, I spoke with Felindre. They should be able to repair my reel in 3 weeks once the parts arrive. Not bad for a reel that's not in the current line up.

Thx

Scott

F

Feeling tranquil

I hope you get a result Scott. I found these guys to be bloody useless, I'm surprised you didn't get a "how on earth did you manage that you bleeding incompetent fool!!!" That was how they treated my enquiry and this was followed by all sorts of bull about spares etc, this was for a current rod so I genuinely hope you get your reel sorted. Please let us know - I started another thread after my incident and wondered just who gives good and bad service. Since then I've badmouthed this lot - speak as you find as they say - but would love to hear findings to the contrary.

Reaction score
I've dealt with them several times. So so on one matter concerning a bail arm that broke on a baitrunner but they were fantastic by suppling me a new Diaflash float rod section well outside warranty FOC and my last dealings was with my Stella that took a fall which was repaired FOC again back to its original condition and this too was just outside warranty.

M

misterbarbel

Well I finally got round to posting my reel on Wednesday. It arrived back fixed and serviced this morning. It now feels as good as new for the princely sum of ?17. So a big thumbs up from me for the lads at Felindre.

Thx to all for your help