Badger boilies

J

John Huntley

I notice that the Badger Boilies are very cheap. Are they any good? Thinking of using the monster crab, 5kg for ?12.99 in France. If not any other suggestions for good boilies at a good price?

L

Little Stu!

couldn't comment, but at the very least they certainly seem worth buying for freebies in france.

W

Wolfman Woody

I bought a mixed pack a few years ago to try out.

They seem ok, but I can't say I had an enormous amount of success on them. They're soft and smell good. What else do you want?

M

mark wilson 3

Dont waste your money on Badger. Utter S**T, dont get ripped.

D

Deecy

John just to add you are probably really looking forward to your trip to France spending many hours planning and preparing your hooks line rods and reels for the trip.I expect you will have top notch tried and trusted hooks and line so do you really want to stick an untried cheap bait on the end in which you have no confidence.Take a tried and trusted bait and don't regret having made what could well be a poor bait decision.

S

Steaker - WTSSG(hon)

Check with your water prior to arrival, regarding permitted boilies. Some fisheries provide you with bait by arrangement and allow no others, even if you can buy the same brand in this country.
I have taken a number of baits, Badger products being amongst them, only to have to break them up and bulk up my vitalin.
As for the Badger specifically, I've found that their texture soaks up flavoured oils and this is how I've fished them. The results are no better or worse than others I've used.
Whether here or in France I've always slipped in an esterberry when nothing else appears to get results and they haven't failed yet.
Deecy's advice is just about spot on. However a dozen glug pots holding 12 of your favourite hook baits are always nice to have in reserve....... Should you ever need to use them discreetly.

matt

Reaction score
Hasn't des taylor got an association with badger? And also with S.B.S? maybe S.B.S make badger boilies. S.B.S used to do quality baits.