Carping. Too Complex, Range Pre-Occupied!

Steve Tenchfishers

Reaction score
Why do "carpies" all fish at 80/120 yards when there are fish under their feet! Perhaps those big pit reels at ?200 each have to be fully utilised!
The Tenchfishers visited Horseshoe Lake and took (among their specimen tench) 26 carp over 20 and six thirties. All on maggott feeder fished no more than 5 to 30 yards and small hooks, makes you think how much fashion and the mags now drive carping, a nonsense really

F

Frothey

"Why do "carpies" all fish at 80/120 yards"

like to see them do that in summer bay....

L

Little Stu!

"Why do "carpies" all fish at 80/120 yards"

YAWN-ZZZZZZZZZ-YAWN-ZZZZZZZ

Can't believe you replied Dave?

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Whats Home and Away gotta do wiv it?

J

jason fisher

can't land a 6oz lead any closer to the bank than 80 yards when i cast it.

F

Frothey

sorry, weak moment!

just found it amusing when he makes a statement like that, afer coming back from a "carp" lake where one of the most productive areas is only about 80yds across!

Reaction score
Can't see what difference it makes be it in close or out far as long as you're having a fantastic day out by the water.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I think the 'all' (as in why do carpies 'all' fish at.....) was the big mistake.

It's like asking why do all tenchies fish at short range with a maggot feeder.......

L

Little Stu!

Why is it that tench fishers that can't cast 80-100 yards ask carpies that can why they can't fish the margins?

oh we could have some fun here couldn't we?

Steve Tenchfishers

Reaction score
well that got u carp boys in a froth did it not!
Seriously though carping is a bit singular in its approach in terms of range, lets just chuck it a long way and hear those big pits "zing"
Have fun!!!!!!!!!

Steve Tenchfishers

Reaction score
we fish at short range on marginal shelf cos that is where the fish are and not where the magazines and equipment dictate we fish, its called watercraft

F

Frothey

the only reason the tench are 5-30yds out is thats about as far as you can kick one....

"Groups like The Tenchfishers sometimes seem like the last bastion of traditionalism"

is that why you were fishing in may?

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

sorry,

YEAH Stu u Chavin minga, watakraft man, jusy cos the only kraft you know is of the cheese type.

My dads bigger than yours.

T

The Monk

we fish at short range on marginal shelf cos that is where the fish are and not where the magazines and equipment dictate we fish, its called watercraft

wow and I always though me baitboat was a watercraft