Tales of the riverbank

B

Bill Cox

I was searching for a video the other day and i came across the complete series of tales from the riverbank which i taped as i was watching each episode. After watching them again i realised what a good series this was. The BBC dropped a bollock at the time by running Passion for angling as a prequel to it and i think it suffered by being compared to it. The underwater photography was stunning and it showed fish taking baits and lures years before DF and Korda claimed to be the groundbreakers in the field. If anyone has it like i did languishing in a cupboard somwhere its well worth a rewatch.

M

michael bracken

i have them taped apart from the salmon one, i missed that one :(

P

Phil Hackett PCPL with Pride

Poor old Ratty so misunderstood, given that he was a watervole. Still having counselling for it I believe! Sad, very sad!

T

The Monk

The underwater photography was stunning and it showed fish taking baits ????,

I dont remember that episode, was Ratty in that one??

M

matthew nightingale

I got all of them apart from the Pike one. I think the fish taking baits bit was when the guys were fishing a canal for roach. It was a very good programme and I'd certainly by a DVD if it was ever released.

And I've got a cheap tape of Tales from the River Bank which is brilliant as well; takes me back 40 years!

Guy Baxendale 2

Reaction score
I agree excellent series - One minor issue for me is that the underwater filming was done in a tank indoors. But the footage of the pike taking bait fish and striking at a Super Shad Rap was excellent so perhaps was worth putting all those fish in a tank?