% of Attention

L

Little Stu!

Theres those of us who spend loads of time tinkering with our rigs and those of us who spend loads of time tinkering with our bait. Acoss these two important factors where does your percentage sit for your attention?

I am probably:
75% Rigs
25% Bait

Sam Morris

Reaction score
80% location 15% bait 5% rigs...after i've rigged up first after that i usually sitck to the same rig and bait and change it the next time i go if the last time didn't work well.

T

The Monk

The reason for rig design is a complex one, it can be based on waters, substrait types, fished areas, or fish, either particular water type fish or individual fish, because of these factors I adopt a rig design to suit, but as a basic rule of thumb stick to as basic a design as possible, the less complex the better and I believe the more lively it is to actually work, eat fish takes a bait differently the same as each of us eats differently. My mate fat gary stuffs all sorts in his mouth in one got while I being more civilised tend to eat my food with more finess, dependants on how hungry I am at the time.

L

Little Stu!

so the percentage is across bait and rigs

oi monko old chap, where did it say location?

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

"My mate fat gary stuffs all sorts in his mouth in one"

You sure you mean Gary?

T

The Monk

oi monko old chap, where did it say location?

haha just me trying to be clever Stu, actually these days a % goes towards finding a level patch for the bivvy

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay

And space to roger the ruffe slappers and put your barbie, TV ariel and special brews.

B

Big Malc

95 stella 5 the rest....

.....sorry:

About 50% bait 50% rigs

I would normally say 60% rigs 40% bait, but just lately, I have leaned towards believing each to be of equal importance.

Rigs have got to be right for any number of given situations on the day, but at the same time, type of bait, size of bait, presentation of bait, etc etc..... I think just about balances it up!

L

Les Clark

70%bait ,30%rigs ,if the baits crap then the rigs dont matter .

T

The Monk

I`ve got to go along with Big Malc on this one,

its stella every time for me

C

Cakey

totally disagree with Les, Id rather have a shit bait in the right place than a good bait in the wrong place and I dont give a shit about rigs really so Im with the Monk 95% location 5%rigs 0%bait.................

J

jason fisher

as in if i'm confident i've got some thing in the right place then the rest will sort itself out.

B

Big Rik

I think Stu is trying to make the assumption that you're not a total retard and have got the location spot on.

If you're not getting screamers, then what do you tinker with first, bait or rigs?

C

Cakey

if its just rigs and bait then its 95% bait 5% rigs ......I think me rigs are sorted (the carp know different)