Greys x flite

carp hunter

Reaction score
Just wanted to know if anyone has/has tried these rods,thinking of getting a set,I know they come with fuji guides but are the single or doudles?

D

dave coates

I have a pair of x flite, 2 3/4lbtc. I find them excellent rods and also safe in the knowledge of a life time gaurantee.

I shut the boot on the top of one a few weeks backs, just sent the broken tip along with ?15 and they are shipping me a whole new section.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Dave are you sure its only ?15. I broke a tip section on my prodigy at the start of the river season. It cost me ?20 for the replacement.

D

dave coates

Thats what it say's on the waranty card that came with the rods. I very much hope so as I have all ready sent of the money and need my rod back to go fishing next week.

Maybee they have put there prices up. I certainley won't be to pleased if i have to pay more and wait longer. But I'm sure all will be fine.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
The price went up. When i bought mine it said ?15 but if you check there web site you will see it gone up.

D

dave coates

Well I never new this and was not advised of this when I called them to check they had my details on the database.

Surrley if they can up the price by a fiver since I bought them, what about in a years time will the cost have gone up to ?25? If there life time warranty tells me to send ?15 thats what I will send.

I will wait and see what they do about it, but surrley not good business practice. I will read the warranty when I'm at home to see if it mentions that the cost could increase. If not then they are not having another fiver out of me :)-

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I have had mine for a couple of years. But the price of the rods as not gone up in that time. So i don't know why the cost of a replacement as increased. Even then ?20 for a replacement sectiion is in my opinion still very good value for money. The TFG gear charge ?25.

dicey dave

Reaction score
Got my new section through the post today which was very quick considering they said 10 working days (was around 5 plus the weekend). No mention of the price going up just an invoice for ?15.

Next time you need a new section may I suggest just sending them ?15 and hope for the best:)-