braid or mono hooklink

Carpfish_2004

Reaction score
im goin to france and fishing a lake which is reasonable flat, brown in colour and need a good hooklink. fish many run at high double - 20lbs and have a few 30s and one 40lber and one 50lber. I need a hooklink that presents perfectly in flat and snaggless conditions and on a silty/muddy bed. Also do i need to add putty to braid if you suggest braid?

Thanks

danny

Carpfish_2004

Reaction score
also i have some 10lb suffix invisiline which i can make some rigs up with if they would be better then mono or braid?

danny

F

Frothey

silkworm in 25lb is brilliant, as is supernova in 15lb. add putty if you want, or just rub the putty along the hooklength

C

Cakey

it dont float as such it sort of waffs around and sinks after about a week ,I use to blob it in a couple of places with that liquid stuff but you cant get it any more so a rub up the putty stuff helps
p.s. Im talking about Super Silk which Ive used for years and still love it !

Carpfish_2004

Reaction score
im gonna use a combi rig with about 5inches of fluoro to 2-3inches of silkworm and then a knotless know and hook.

Shall i put some putty on those 2 inches of braid?

danco

C

Cakey

I personally wouldnt but try the rig in a glass of water with and without and see what looks best .

Carpfish_2004

Reaction score
why woudlnt you use the rig? would a all braid or fluoro hooklink have any advantages over this rig? I thought i provided the hard to eject properties of the fluoro and the natural presentation of the braid.

danco

C

Cakey

putty................but like I said look at it in a glass of water !

F

Frothey

i wouldnt bother if its 2-3 inches (i'd keep it at about an inch with combi's personally), and definately not if its a pop-up!

Carpfish_2004

Reaction score
thanks i'll prob keep it to about an inch if i can, only tied a few. Gonna tie em before i go. No its not a popup, gonna fish maybe two tigernuts, 18-20mm boilies and the trusty cube of cheese (gr8t at this water).

Thanks lads

danco

Carpfish_2004

Reaction score
its out of 15lb silkworm or supersilk fopr the braid i use at the moment. Would it be best to use a mahin Knot which ive practise to do with some doubled up cotton and mono and ive managed it do it now and it feels pretty strong or should i just get some oval rig rings (4.5mm) ? Would the knot give better presentation or will it not make a difference>?

thanks

danny