mail order tackle

M

madpiker

i`ve just been talking to my mate jc.
on my recommendation,he ordered a mustad boat rod and reel from a well known scottish mail order company.
they told him that it would be delivered within 7 working days.after 9 days,the tackle eventually turned up.he loaded the reel with line and threaded it through the rings and gave it a gentle pull to test the action of the rod and it snapped!
he contacted the said company and apparently,they don`t want to know.
i`ve posted this thread to warn others about the perils of ordering kit from this company.i haven`t named them,but they had a catalogue in the july issue of sea angler mag and total sea fishing.
i also ordered a rod from them and luckily,it arrived intact.i won`t be ordering any more from them though.i think it`s better to buy locally,even if it`s a bit more expensive,at least you can take any faulty kit back to the shop.

alan

Reaction score
ive heard nothing but c**p about them. all their offers in the mags dont exsit(limited stock all gone now etc) and bad aftersales etc.

JC

Reaction score
STOP PRESS

I have just received a phone call from a chap called Robert at G.A.C.

A new rod will be delivered to my door on Tuesday, and the broken one taken away, at no charge.

I was originally told that had the damage happened in transit then there was no problem, but as the rod was damaged by me then they could do nothing. It seems that the individual I spoke to was wrong, and the guy I just got off the phone to was most helpful.

Credit where credit is due!

E

EC

1)I bought a Penn INXS beachcaster off them a couple of winters ago for ?50, the service was fine, so maybe its a one off!

2) I am also strongly linked to this company and regularly get free tackle, cars and high class call girls sent to me for testing.

* 1 of the above may not be true!

JC

Reaction score
If you ever need a hand with any of the field testing then just gis a shout Eddie!

I'm sure I can find a window in my hectic social diary to help out an FM buddy :)

M

madpiker

i had a reply to my scathing email(regarding this matter) from robert at gac,telling me that it`s been sorted,so i emailed him and thanked him for sorting this out.obviously,they have someone who hasn`t a clue how to do their job properly,probably the same girl that i phoned to place an order and she told me that i`d phoned the wrong department and needed to ring again and contact customer services,there was i thinking that by phoning the sales department,i`d actually be able to place an order!i think that i spoke to her on another occasion regarding a late rod delivery,she tried to tell me that the courier had tried to deliver at 3pm the same day but had no answer,i told her that i`d been in all day and that no one had called,i phoned the courier company and they told me that they hadn`t tried to deliver and were delivering next day.why do people have to bullsh**?
btw,when i phoned customer services,it was unavailable at the time ,due to the time of day(6pm)
included in my email to robert regarding jons situation,i think that i may have dropped said woman in the brown stuff!

M

madpiker

i`d be more than willing to field test the high class call girls!