Who do you appeal to

richiekelly

Reaction score
when playing a fish that we belive is a "good un " who amongst us has promised allsorts to never do this or that again or to god even though we may not belive or to some other mythical power that may have control over the line parting or the hook pulling, who/what are we appealing to ?

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
I tend to turn into a quivering mess & plead to the almighty to please let me land this fish...just this one.When it does I put it all down to my brilliant angling skills.

When it doesn't the rod goes in the bushes and I re-affirm my Anglo-Saxon roots....usually to Big Phil's intense amusement. I once chased a sheep halfway across a field when the only trout of a very long day came off. Somebody had to get one and the sheep just happened to be nearest. I'm not sure I've ever been crosser than on that occasion. The rod went miles up the bank and I thought Phil was going to die laughing.

waggy

Reaction score
I think that having to appeal to some outside agency is down to a lack of confidence in your own ability.
If I lose a fish I always analyse what went wrong and promise myself I'll do better next time.

gentle

Reaction score
I often threaten the fish by leaving a horse head in its family bed. With a note saying "dont even think about escaping, im going to make you an offer of capture that you cant refuse"

*cue enio morricone theme tune*

In truth...I just unleash obsceneties until I calm down then think about what went wrong over a cuppa.