Tfg reels

richiekelly

Reaction score
has anyone got any of the tfg vanquish big pit reels,are they any good, any problems with them,they are being sold for £44.99 (rrp £99.99?) and i am thinking of getting some just need to know if they are any good.

irfonminnow

Reaction score
I think this is the same reel on Amazon
[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0018CU2TI/ref=asc_df_B0018CU2TI1155231/?tag=nextag91-21&creative=22110&creativeASIN=B0018CU2TI&linkCode=asn"]TF Gear Power Distance Big Pit 1+1 BB: Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Leisure@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41A1g9cPOqL.@@AMEPARAM@@41A1g9cPOqL[/ame]
Under £36.

If the reel has any connection to Pure check that you can get spares if it breaks or wears.

A bit more on this - I recently fancied buying an all-metal baitcaster from Ebay. This was another brand, not TFG. It was 2nd-hand and starting at 0.99p, had no takers and had two days to go. The old reviews I found on the net read well.
I emailed the manufacturer (in Australia) to find out if they still had spares for this reel. I'm still waiting for a reply.
Meanwhile I spoke to a guy from the UK Servicing Division of this Company. He told me not to touch it with a bargepole. Reason? There are no spares for this reel - anywhere on the planet.
The Company is owned by - Pure.
I also found this reel being sold brand-new on Ebay by a tackle shop. It is being sold way under list price.

I ended up buying a 30 year-old Mitchell 300 variant. At least I know I can still get the parts when it needs them.

IM

Last edited:

saxon

Reaction score
Don't fall foul of the RRP that a lot of Outlets stick on their products TFG are guilty of this but the worst is Dragon Carp/Carp Kinetics, Some of the RRP's they put on their products are ludicrous to say the least, There are some bargains out there shop around and check the Spares/Servicing situation, Have a look at the Okuma Range, you'll probably find something in there that won't break the bank

carp_mad_man

Reaction score
please don't read my other quote i thought you were talking about the reel in the picture (the tfg power distance reel)
Yes you should get the 6000 version because it holds 410 meters on the smallest spool any other version just holds even more line!!! can i also recomend some daiwa sensor line 15lb to go with the reels, this line is perfect for people like me, a Carper.
the line is good colour, very rugged and small diameter for it's breaking strain.
Tight Lines.

Last edited: