South coast - Newhaven to worthing

R

Ray Bewick

Just to see if there's any life in this list on the 'sarf coast' -- can anyone give or recommend a source of reliable info for prospects?.

R

Ray Bewick

Blimey, you get about abit!.

Anything that I can, with the 'sporting' part being the most important i.e coarse type float gear for mac & gars, bass Scchhhh..... at the mo.

Come Sept / Oct I will probably be after dark early evening whiting. I am only 20 miles from the venues so a 2 -3 hr trip at the right time is pssible, with all the commitments of work & other fishing styles it would be handy to have a reliable "the whiting were on the beach at the king Alfred last night/ last week" type report. Obviously on a reciprical basis.

Regards

P

Paul Adams

i've fished from boats in this area & found that most anglers in newhaven(& charter skippers)meet up in the sheffield arms pub, near the tackle shop very early in the morning for breakfast, they will probably know something or someone helpfull.
nice to see someone using light tactics for sea-fish, if more coarse anglers were bothered , i'm sure they would enjoy the change of scenery, species, etc.

good luck ray

R

Ray Bewick

Nice one Paul- thanks, that would be the one before the car park enterence to the w arm or the one by the yacht club car park?.

Perhaps if we could 'educate' some of the 'users', 'urinators in dark places' & the its the its only 'guts / blood / newspaper' brigade ( usually the uniformed general public) then an enlightened attitude might prevail. Personally I very impressed with Anglers I have seen, gently unhooking fish into 'recovery buckets' then lowering the buckets down the wall to allow the recovered unharmed fish to go about it business.

regards

P

Paul Adams

the place i'm talking about is definatley on the western side of the river(near a car park)-it's worth at try for some local info.
returning any fish safely should be paramount to any educated angler-if you wish to eat it then do so & make sure you don't waste it.
to me returning a bootlace eel gives me the same satisfaction as returning a hard earned specimen of any kind.

R

Ray Bewick

Any new South coast info guys? - its now early Oct.

Any Whiting about?

Chances of Cod? Where?

What are the prospects?

A

Alex Hammond

Ray
You might like to try arond the Littlehampton and Clymping area. All depends on if you are boat fishing or shore fishing.
Boat fishing there are a good few places off Littlehampton which most anglers in the area will be able to tell you, including the old Athringotn Village acout a mile or two off the coast. Good angling shop near the quay, on the west side of the river Arun. If shore fishing there are some intersting rocks about 100 yards off the coast down from clymping. An easy walk and tends to bring the fish in a bit closer.
Hope that helps.

R

Ray Bewick

Alex - Thanks mate interesting, I'm basically shore based when I go its usualy Newhaven to Worthing.

I wanted to try to continue this thread so that there was a bit of updated south coast info knocking about.

Littlehampton - The sandy beach immediately on the east side of the river looks Bassy, what do you think?. Interested in the Clymping Rocks bit, can you say more?.

Regards

A

Alex Hammond

it is all fairly sandy round that area, and i know it quite well as i grew up there. The rocks near clymping were originally put to defend the coast. They are about 80 meters long with a the same gap inbetween and rise out of the water to break the big waves up. Makes for an interesting landscape. During the summer is is easy to catch nice young bass close in using a spinner, but some of the rocks are close enough in now, the shingle has built up behind them, to walk onto them at high tide and cast off them, or on calm evenings sit on them. Any more detail just ask, and i should be popping back that way soon so might take a few pics which i could mail through.

R

Ray Bewick

As i said sounds interesting - the photo idea is good, i wonder if the Graham M would consider having a 'location' gallery?

Regards

Ray