Manor Pond, Cobham

Reaction score
I'm thinking of fishing this venue down in leafy Surrey. Had a look last week at 3 1/2 acre lake which looks as if it may have good potential. Spoke to a couple of other anglers who said that it was difficult to fish though there are some decent sized carp in there. It belongs to Calpac & I don't think it's that heavily fished. Any tactics or first hand help gratefully accepted.

Reaction score
Thanks for this. I have applied via my club Leatherhead to add onto my membership. What I really need though is fishing info on this venue so I can be ready with tactics in advance.

njb51

Reaction score
ooo leatherhead ay?

do you know whats happening to their stretch of the mole? my mate read something in the paper but he wasn't very clear.

Reaction score
Not a lot really. I had a go at fishing it a few weeks back, stretch near Boxhill going down to Young St car park. A few others having a go as well. Really quiet only tiddlers around, tried to stalk some Chubb in the shallows but v.twitchy when you get anywhere close. That stretch of the river was v.low & further up near the car park there was hardly any flow at all.
I'm thinking of giving the Thames at Laleham nr Chertsey a crack I heard there may be a few decent sized carp kicking around. In fact it's such nice day I feel like packing up now & giving it a go. Any thoughts anyone ?