Angling Adiction

B

Big Swordsy :O)

Welcome to the only addiction with no rehab clinics, just plenty of rich divorce lawyers!!

B

Bully

Mark - a lovely piece, well done. It could almost mirror my psition 7 years ago! And let me tell you, in 7 years time you had better come up with a strategy to "hide" new equipment from the wife. Mine still thinks I only have 3 rods.....its actually 12 on the last count !!

I hope no one gives you grief for fishing a club water. I did the same, got nabbed, but fortunately the guy was really helpful and pleasant.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

"Junior Angling Kit from Argos,"

I was more of a Winfield (i think it was) man from Woolworths.

Remember the 'Blue Match'?

Enjoyable read that.

Wayne T

Reaction score
Brilliant!! Could have been published later on in the week though - I have now worked out that it is approximately a massive 90 hours until my next 'hit'!!

S

sash

Yep, very enjoyable, thanks for sharing that Mark.

Now you're talking Wol. Winfield tackle. Fairly collectable (and pricey!!) now by the way if you can part with it. Time you had some new rods anyway ;op

C

Chub King

Reckon that club stretch of the Ouse has done a 16lb barbel this season Mark. Nice to have on your doorstep!
Bait and wait mate. Gallon of maggots and a gallon of hemp and resist fishing until the sun hits the horizon. If you do your homework and put that bait little by little into the right swim (and resist casting in for as long as possible) you could well bank yourself a double. You could even catch ever fish in the swim. I'm sure I don't have to tell you though that you'll need some seriously beefy tackle to get them out - real hit and hold stuff. Wouldn't be shy of using 15lb mainline and 15lb coated braid hooklinks.
It's a well-fished venue though and the fish are very cute. The further you walk, the better the fishing gets.
Try reading Quest for Barbel by Tony Miles and Trefor West (if you haven't already). And ignore anyone who says hemp or meat are a waste of time! Pellet's good too.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Meats still a cracking bait, mainly ignored now by a lot of the Ouse lads which i dont mind.

Greg, Sssssssssssssh.

TonyO2

Reaction score
After a succession of quite heavy articles and a lot of heated discussion within the forum, this articles pace and cotent made a refershing change....without more articles like these i can see the popularity of this site waining as it become a soapbox for a variety of slanging matches...
Thank you...much appreciated...

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Nice one Mark, sounds like you've got it bad!!! But that aint a bad thing!!!
Years of enjoyment to come and memories that will last forever.
I totally agree with Tony02.
Thanks Mark and good luck with your dreams.

T

The Monk

nice one Mark, always remember mate, women and bosses come and go but a fishing rod is for life

Reaction score
Really enjoyed that Mark...

I woke up this morning confused as to why the barbel weren't playing ball. The gully swim that i had baited up heavily the evening before with hemp and micro-pellets hadn't produced so much as a quiver on my trusty Wilson Avon.

It's been the same for twenty years now. As ever I was at home, fishing in my sleep. If you haven't already, you will soon. Welcome aboard! ;-)

M

Mark Hodson

Mark,
Welcome to the strange parallel universe that only anglers inhabit, where every decision made in their lives is factored around fishing or something to do with fishing, there is no escape, only more fishing.

Enjoy it there is no better place to be.

Beecy

Reaction score
The best thing is Mark, you don't build up a tolerance. The feelings are the same no matter how many "hits" you take.

C

Chub King

Sorry Warren, didn't realise that might be one of your stomping grounds. Just hoping Mark can nail himself one of those Ouse lumps.
Best of luck Mark, best time of year approaching now (assuming you don't get too much rain and the whole valley gets swamped!). In coloured water dispense with the hemp and maggots and get on the elipse pellets and boilies.

J

jason fisher

i once struck as my float went down and missed the bite only to be woken up by my wife for hitting her in my sleep.

C

christian tyroll

i have equally bizare dreams jason,
the other week i lost what would have been my first barbel :(
when i went to bed i drempt of landing a collasal barbel with my dad!
but i was woken up later when my sister came into my room and told me to stop saying fish :s !

C

Cakey

"i once struck as my float went down and missed the bite only to be woken up by my wife for hitting her in my sleep."

poor deluded fool