Nice article Mark

Matt Brown

Reaction score
I especially liked the brilliant title!

I too have a target of a 6lb Chub this winter. It's going to be hard.

C

christian tyroll

great article i like the 5lb 27oz!

well this winter im not aiming as high as a 6lb chub but a 3lb chub i've had lots around 2lb 1/2 and a 1lb 30oz but still havent made 3lbs!

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I too love the irony of a 5-16 chub, and as for the 5-27 I think we're getting into Monty Python territory there.

I think you're getting into the specimen mode now Mark, I foresee many visits to Boilies-R-Us and the float rod taking a back seat, I bet you never thought you would see the day did you?

Well done mate, looking forward to reading about the 7-00 now, is next week too soon do you think?

J

jason fisher

well done mark that's a lovely fish and a good article about the capture to boot.

Alan Horn

Reaction score
Mark - Another excellent read, thank you.

We do get some good articles on Fishing Magic don't we. (Mark Davenport's "The Origins of an Angling Addiction" is a recent example).

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Mark, congratulations!

Now for a winter 7lber on the float!

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
After waiting six years I went and beat that 6-11 fish with one an ounce heavier last night. What a cracker! Not on the float though but it was using Krystonite hooklink.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Creeping ever closer to the seven pounder eh! Mark? What a great fish in its own rights though and especially worthy if it was from the sort of swims you were describing to me on Saturday, well done mate.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
What a beauty Mark!
How many beers will it take for you to spill all of the beans?;-)
It's just started raining heavily up here now, the level might rise a bit for Saturday! The excitement is rising I can assure you!