Thugs attack EA baliff

Reaction score
Very sorry to hear this. I just don't understand why people must resort to this type of behaviour.
Wishing Bob a speedy recovery.

C

christian tyroll

if they get caught (lets hope so) they'll get in more trouble fot assult than not buying a fishing licence!beating them up is pointless and wont get them anywhere. These people have no common sense then again he did pass away......

F

Frothey

another "carp angler" setting a good example....

from another site:

"Yeah, I heard Goldvalley. Only one bloke doing the punching i heard. Supposedly he was fishing with his family!?! Wife and kids?!?! I heard that supposedly the woman on the gate locked the gate and took the chaps car registration. However, when the owner turned up, he allegedly opended the gate to let him out, and destroyed the bit of paper with the car registration on!?!? Why?

Most odd behaviour by a fishery owner, who at the slightist sniff of an algee bloom of fish kill would be right on the phone to the EA? Let alone the fact that if some old chap has been beaten in the head to the extent that he later collpaed why would you let the vermin who did it get away?!?

Most odd.

I also beleive that assaulting a baliff will be viewed in the courts the same as assaulting a constable! I mean, going fishing with out a rod licence is one thing, but to possibly, if gets caught etc etc to go to prison for it is just plain crazy!?! "

hope the owner gets a bollocking if true

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
i wish the bailif in question a speedy recovery and i hope this doesnt stop him from continuing to do what must be a difficult job at the best of times.
fingers crossed that these scum are identified and convicted!!!

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
In these days of mobile phones with cameras on it should be a simple job to take a quick pic of an incident like that and the perpetrators as well, at least you wouldn't have to get physically involved if you didn't want to. I just hope they catch the b.....s and stick 'em in nick.

Very strange story that Frothey if its true of course, and no I'm not doubting it. Isn't it a certain Mr Raison that owns that fishery as well, not Will, the old man.

alan strickland

Reaction score
Angler`s without rod licences = anglers that no owner would want on there fishery so why is it such a big job to demand proof of owning one before letting them buy a day ticket?.

M

michael bracken

most fishery owners arent bothered, they just want youre money

T

tom riordan

Exactly my sentiments Alan. I bet if the thugs were fishing without paying the owner the fees he would soon be calling the cops. It might be safer for the EA men to video/photo everybody as a matter of course before they even approach anyone, it might make the chavs think twice before throwing their fists about, knowing they are already on camera.

Alan Horn

Reaction score
If, as reported earlier, an owner can not take the correct action when an assault has taken placeon their fishery,then they obviously do not give a toss about the welfare of their customers or staff. Makes you wonder if they're interested in the welfare of their fish, probably only as long as they draw in the punters (whoever those punters might be).

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
What a disgrace! The owner and the Scum!
Sounds like the same mob on the Trent.
What the hell is going on?

Get well soon Bob, hopefully you will be able to continue doing a fine job when you recover.

Steve.

J

jon helyer

Might be an idea to boycott Gold Valley until the full story is out, as far as the idiots doing the assulting, chop em up and use em for sharkbait......

Peter Webb 4

Reaction score
As a carp angler I generally use three rods.That = 2 rod licences.That in turn =90pence per week.What is the matter with these people?Hope they find them and when they do they should throw the book at them,fine them the maximum and the guy who assaulted the EA bailif should get 6 months.I have no sympathy and I don't want to be fishing near people like that.The assailant should also be banned for life from fishing anywhere (if that is at all possible to uphold).

B

Blue man

An assult on anyone is a disgrace, especially on someone who is carrying out the job they are paid to do. While I do have reservations about the way the EA spend the revenue created by the licence system I feel sorry for the bloke who has to carry out the checks and face people like this scum bag on a daily basis. Cameras yes I agree whole heartedly being on a river bank or lake can be a lonely place at times but then how many or where do you put them, to carry them would surely be the motive for even more assults in the more secluded sites around our chosen fishing sites.

F

Frank "Chubber" Curtis

I've only fished Gold Valley a few times on matches but I've had enough experience of the owner to believe that story.
I hope somebody shops the scumbag that assaulted the baillifs and that he gets banged up for at least six months but knowing our courts he'll probably be told that he shouldn't be such a naughty boy and then get 20 hours community service, which of course he'll completely ignore anyway.

W

Wolfman Woody

I've just spoken to Graham Haynes whose also a contact bailiff for me and we've known each other for a few years now.

Apparently they are both ok now. Car registration numbers have been given to the police and hopefully the culprits will be brought to account for assualt.

I was hoping that Graham would look in on oiut FISHINGmagic Techa-in next week as it's in his area, but unfortunately he's going on holiday. However, he wishes us well and I have pased on the feelings of many of you on the site.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Great news mate.
Threats are one thing, you take them in your stride, but an actual assault is something else.
At one time they were faceing six months, especially as the bailiff would have produced a warrant card.