french river fishing

james wilson

Reaction score
This is another message as had no replys to first, please could anyone help me with advice on fishing any french rivers particuarly the seine, with regards to where to fish(what parts of river to look out for) also any areas of note on the seine,am going at end of september and would appreciate any i repeat any help and advice from fellow carpers,thanks

L

Little Stu!

Hi James, you tend to find carp anglers who can't help just don't post as opposed to giving you the feeling you're being ignored.

sorry, can't help.

C

Cakey

I fished the Seine at Montereau where it meets the Yonne ,it was very hard work ,it took 4x2oz leads to hold bottom and that even moved when one of the huge boats went by so we moved into a side bit which open up into what looks like a huge lake and had a good time with some big commons which fight like shit
I think it all depends on what part of the Seine your going to fish
lots of videos out there now on the Seine by people like Kevin Maddocks
dont know if Id like to do it again !

matt

Reaction score
Look for features such as confluences, backwaters, lakes attached to rivers and the entranceces from river to lake. Keep everything simple but strong. if your looking for lots of fish put in lots of bait and if nothing happens after 2-3 nights move and start again. If you know fish are in the area and want to target big fish use less bait/ bait in small patches. I would avoid the montereau area its been heavily fished the fish seem to have grown legs and moved to privately owned lakes and also the local authorities know all about foreign carp anglers! Be brave all the river has potential go to quiet areas and fish without hassle. All the best you lucky lucky person!!!

alex liachenko

Reaction score
hello iam french guide fishing you can ask me a questions, also you can visit my web site on www.french-river-tours.com

all the best Alex