Fishing Holidays in the UK

Dave C 37

Reaction score
Hi I'm looking at going away maybe hiring a cottage or caravan for the week. I would be looking at some where that either had a decent fishing venue on site or nearby.

I'm asking as I don't particually want to end up with a pleasure lake stocked with 10lb max carp. Any info, links etc would be welcome. Please keep in mind the mrs will be in attendance.

T

Terry Comerford

Spring Lea Fishery, Pontesbury, near Shrewsbury.
Tourer hook ups, camping, very scenic, great fishing.
Carp to 25lb.
Mixed Lakes, carp 5lb -10lb, orfe to 4lb
ghosties to 10lb.
Give Julian the owner a ring on,
01743 860972.
Have a look on the where to fish section on FM, there's a link to a website that Spring Lea is on.

S

Steve Shaw 3

Whiteacres Newquay Cornwall.
Lovely site for all the family
Caravans and lodges available
Several coarse and carp lakes
2 specimen lakes with carp to 25lb and cats to 56lb
You cant fish the specimen lakes if you have a touring pitch though.
Just got back from there myself, had a lovely time.

http://www.whiteacresholidays.co.uk/

gilesy

Reaction score
willowfield lake cottages, braughton burrows north devon,nice cottages with its own little lake. 2004 i got a 21lb common and this year i got a 23,plus plenty of low doubles,its great cos you can only fish the lake if your staying in the cottages

D

dave coates

Thanks for all the info, I have been looking into all of them and they all look excellent.

Please keep them comming.

F

Frothey

the people that run willowfield are really nice people :)

stafford moor has a lot of 20's, but even more doubles and pasties!

camp in croyde, lower slade has 20's, melbury had a lot of 20's (though they have shrunk!) jennets....or stay further in land and try creedy, lots of 20 commons in there!

clawford vineyards maybe.....

Rob Lewis

Reaction score
Hey Dave, you forgot one!

If your in the vicinity of North Devon at any of the places Frothey suggests, why not try a day at simpson valley? I have to admit a personal involvement, but it has some fab fish up to 20lb and the most beautiful lakes you are likely to see anywhere.

have a look at our website at www.simpsonvalley.co.uk

F

Frothey

gets scary when the link road finishes rob.....

anyone for duelling banjo's? :)

Rob Lewis

Reaction score
some people like to fish at places where the nearest decent road is 10 miles away.

Which reminds me; what about anglers paradise? Never fished there myself but Matt Hayes seems to like it, and its only 5 miles from Simpsons...

C

Chris Bishop

3hrs - stretching it a bit but Pentney Lakes, near King's Lynn, has caravan facs, plus a range of gravel pits ranging from a busy doubles/20s lake to a rock-hard one that's done two 40s this season.

Nice atmosphere, on-site gaffer's a great old boy.

C

Cakey

I could cover the whole of England in 3hrs from the south of Wales !