Match Pole

Sam Morris

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm looking for a good match pole for under ?300 as my current pole is set up for the big guns with high rated elastics etc. I'd prefer to go with a well known make as i prefer to use them as i believe they are more reliable and also are more widely available for e.g replacement parts, so Preston/maver/Garbolino and makes liek them.

Thanks alot and if you need anymore info please let me know
Thanks alot,
Sam.

E

EC

Sam, maybe have a look at getting some lighter top sections for your current pole!
(What pole have you got now?)

The reason I say that is because many poles currently on the market are sold with both power top 3's and match top 3's.

That said if the money is burning a hole in your pocket Shimano do a 13m nexave at under ?300, and a mate of mine has just bought a map 16m job for under ?300 with power and match top3's thrown in, so have a look at a few fishing mags for the best deal, and see if your local shop can get it for a similar price, and if possible sit down with the pole before you buy it to make sure it feels right for you, isnt too heavy etc!

Sam Morris

Reaction score
I've got the grim reaper 3, it came with 2 power top 2's and a match 3 kit but i want a different pole anyway because my dad wants to start pole fishing, he's been fishing with rods all his life and wants to try it so i need another pole for when we both go fishing.

Thanks,
Sam.