Buying and Owning a Fishery

Blunderer

Reaction score
My wife and I harbour an ambition:
to sell our business over the next few years and buy a caravan site with a lake, ideally in Lincolnshire.
Has anyone any experience of this? What will I pay? How will I buy one? How profitable are they?
It is just an idea at this stage but something we are serious about.

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Type 'fisheries for sale' into search engine, Sandersons and Fisheries4Sale are two firms, contact them and no doubt they would guide you through procedure.

Oasis Lakes Lincs ?495,000
Bainside Coarse fishery ?585,000 are up for sale at the moment, talking to a fishery owner would also help, profitability should be in detail of sale.

C

Chris Pearson

Blunderer,
Popped into a place near Epworth(???Sandtoft) a few months ago that was for sale,not sure if it was sold but might be worth a look.
ChrisP

M

matt thomas

blunderer,my dream as well one day,it would be a wonderful way of life even though just making a few quid to live on rather than big profits is probably what would happen,i just can't see it being lucrative -now anyway as there are so many of them,especially in lincs.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Blunderer,
My business partner and I have been looking at the same idea. Merv is right, if you register with them you will get regular updates of new fisheries. There are loads going in the area your after, prices vary according to size.
?600-750K is an average price.
A caravan can be rented between ?350-800 pw.
Don't rush into it mate! we nearly did!
If you run it properly, it should be very profitable, but get the figures right first.

Steve